Fishing in South Wales / South West

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all! Apologies for not updating sooner, life has gotten manic all of a sudden, I've only managed to wet a line once recently! I've managed to get 2 posts up recently.

One was an interesting break from the norm, and the other was the result of some on-going investigative work in my region! Both worth a read, have a look here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening folks! Just managed to post a new blog online, have a read and by all means let me know what you think. Thinking about it now, I suppose it's funny. Then, not so much... Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all! Despite the absolutely disgusting weather I have managed to get out and wet a line. Found a great little lake (only 9 pegs) half a mile up the road. Loads of silver fish! Was great to be out catching a few. You can have a read about it here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all! Have recently put up 2 posts. 1 involved fishing a great silver fish water, which is absolutely stacked full of quality silver fish. The other was a very fishy looking canal which I plan to spend a lot of time on this summer.

You can have a read about both here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

daji

Reaction score
Just read your most recent entry, 1st time i've checked out your blog. Really nicely written and When i next get a little time i'll have a read of the rest. Thanks for sharing :)

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Just read your most recent entry, 1st time i've checked out your blog. Really nicely written and When i next get a little time i'll have a read of the rest. Thanks for sharing :)

No worries, I'm currently writing up a backlog. Recently acquired a puppy and puppy training takes up a lot of time it seems! Thanks for reading though.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning folks, just had time while the puppy is asleep to get a new blog online. I've got another one which will be going online soon too, just need to wait until he's asleep until I publish it. You can have a read of this newest post here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all, thought I'd nip online while the power remains on (thunder and lightning in my neck of the woods killing the power!). Just got a new fishing blog online, this time it was a trip to Revels, a great venue with loads of lakes to choose from. Managed a solid bag of silvers and a fair few carp too! Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
I haven't managed to get much fishing done recently. Apparently getting married demands a lot of time, planning and attention! Now that'll all done, I have just managed to write and upload one of my last sessions I had on a local water.

Have a read about it here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon folks! What a miserable day! Fortunately I managed to get out and cast a line. Something a bit different this time, but plenty of fish! You can have a read about the day here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

denzinho

Reaction score
Why do you post at all?

Nobody post back ain't that a statement?

The forum is not based on individual achievement, if you don't add to what other people can learn without clicking on your link then there is no point to the "forum".

Get your recognition from actual readers, that might help!.

nicky

Reaction score
I have read loads of his blogs and enjoyed them he's not doing any harm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Denzinho,
Whilst I have a certain sympathy with your viewpoint it should be pointed out that people sometimes have a not unreasonable aversion to putting their angling life out there for others to pick over and criticise - as can happen on this forum.
Some contributors use the blog format and facilities to tell their own story in their own way without fear of interruption or deviation. They are still open to criticism by way of comments on their blogspace - but this tends to be limited just to the people who read their blog - not to the whole FM audience!
An example would be the young matchman Frederico - who writes an excellent account of his trials, tribulations and successes in learning his craft on the local match circuit. He doesn't post a lot on the general sites - when he does he mainly asks good questions to help him (and others) learn from the more experienced members.

Some members of FM use their own Blogspot to host their blog - sometimes because their own site has more advanced facilities for graphics and links than those provided by the FM system - an example would be the Blog developing by pjcoarsefishing which provides Accessibility advice for Disabled Anglers in Lancashire with maps of waters and links to the fishery sites at - PJ Coarse Fishing Blog | PJ coarse fishing – Fishing venues – Fishing for disabled – my fishing experiences – Fishing is more than just catching fish - a really informative site building-up with lots of info for local disabled anglers. It's a great shame that there is no easy way this will transfer onto the FM Blog system - unless anyone knows how to?

The blog kept by anglerpaulm is a kind of diary, in that he's recording the sessions and trips he's had, tackle shops visited, etc, I don't know how old he is but I can imagine myself doing exactly this sort of blog - before too long - because with the advancing years I can't remember where I was last week - let alone at the beginning of the season!

I hope that helps put things in perspective and helps you realise why some people use their blogs the way they do. ;)

Tight Lines! :thumbs:

denzinho

Reaction score
I have just read your private message greenie, and I wanted to apologize for such a narrow view point. I figured if I apologize on the thread it's self it would be more visible to everyone that think I am narrow minded which sometimes I can be.

I apologize to you also Paulm.