Fly fishing anyone? Saturday June 2nd, Elinor Trout Fishery

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Just checking the date with Ed Foster, who runs the fishery, but I am happy to organise an FM fish-in at Elinor.

For those of you who don't know it, the fishery is a cracking, big gravel pit with boats, well stocked and produces some gorgeous over-wintered browns and rainbows right through the season.

I just need s straw poll of those who would like to come. Let me know if you require the loan of tackle and/or tuition; whether you would like to have a barbecue during the day; and whether you may require overnight accommodation. The fishery is just off the A605 near Oundle, entrance shown below.

HERE'S THE ENTRANCE

Last edited:

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Ed Foster has confirmed the date is OK and we can have the usual barbecue during the day. Boats are limited in number, so if you want one, you'll need to let me know.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Would love to have given this a go but that is the Jubilee weekend and I will probably be working hopefully selling loads of beer to the loyal (celebrating) British public!

556557_10150676060393521_166272908520_9179513_441816994_n.jpg

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Just a final call for any interest in this. I only stepped up to organise it because nobody was organising the annual Press Manor event, but it looks like it had died of natural causes. Apathy, perhaps....