Fly Rods, are they overpriced?

R

Rob Brownfield

Goose, I can recommend companies, but I would need a little more detail to recommend specific rods.

Have a look at the Daiwa WF98 range, Greys new GRX series (http://www.greysrods.co.uk/game.htm) or maybe Shimano. All three do some smashing rods for under ?100.

If you look in Trout Fisherman you will see many fly rods heavily discounted just now. It's worth a flick through.

Also, if you can stretch to an extra ?50, Scierra, Loop and several other firms do some amazingly good rods.

R

Ron Clay

Greys GRX series are well worth looking at. Try Carrilon as a supplier. Rob Clarke will often throw in a reel or two lines with the deal

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Greetings all,

First posting on this site, so many apologies before I start.

I am still using my old fibatubes built by by John Hutchinson [Alan Brown rod maker]cost me ?55 each, they still work well and I seem to catch just as many trout as my mate with his fancy Sage thingy. I will admit that as I get older they take a bit of bending but I can still heave out a good line. Strikes me it's not the rod that catches the fish, it's the bloke wielding it, whether it costs ?55 or a rip off ?500.

Colin