Fly's on the Net

• Thread starter Stephen Mc Cormack
  • Start date
S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Hi, just a quick question anyone know where you can get good quality flies on the net at a good price???? New to fly fishing so trying to build up a range of useful flies any suggestions for a basic starters kit of flies ?????
Thanks in advance.
Stephen

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Thanks, for the advice lads, i got a box set from selectafly, delivered to Dublin in 4 days (not bad), so this should keep me going for a while.

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Fergal,
I'm only starting out but I'm trying myluck at Kilbride on the Liffey just before it enters blessington lakes, there's some brown trout in there and the odd rainbow stocked from blessington. But haven't had any luck yet.

F

Fergal Scully

I'm in newzealand at the moment so I can't personally help you out. I know that stretch your talking about very well. I used to fish it years ago as a teenager (with worms) Now I would use size 12 or 14 gold head hares ear. Cast up stream and allow it to drift as naturally as possible down stream. Search the water like this as you go up stream. Remember to keep in contact with the fly by slowly raising the rod or retrieving by hand. Also if you see fish rising a small dry fly would work.