FM Members Fish-In

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is to solicit interest in a meeting of FM members at Woodlands View fishery in Doitwich at a date to be agreed but probably in August.

The venue ha a good head of fish and of sufficient members are interested then we can probably take in entire pool for the day to keep it "in the family" so to speak.

Woodlands offer a very good breakfast and after match burgers and in the past we have had some really good days there.

So, please add your names on this thread and we will see what level of interest there is and if there are enough members interested then we can see if there is chance of a few prizes for the day as well.

Woodland View Fishery - Fishing for all levels of Angler, in the heart of the UK

Last edited:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Peter,

I'd be interested, work permitting.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

You're quite sure you won't get a nosebleed that far North?? :wh:eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Much as I'd like to join you, a four hundred mile round trip for one day fishing is a bit much for me.

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Subject to the usual date / availability caveats I'd certainly be up for that. Taking Chris' (Sam Vimes) point on board, if it works out we could do it again but on a regional basis; perhaps a northern & a southern fish in? Just a thought...

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Put me down as a possible - it don't look like my kind of fishery but as it's local-ish I'll have a go.

sam vimes

Reaction score
A four hundred mile round trip doesn't bother me Chris it you want to organise a decent North Eastern venue :)

A venue wouldn't necessarily be an issue, decent is another matter entirely. Without resorting to commies, I really can't think of a suitable venue for more than a handful of anglers. I'm always happy to take visiting anglers onto the local river should they be prepared to risk its notoriously temperamental nature.

I suspect that, for fish in venues, Notts/Lincs/Lancs/Sth Yorks could be options that might be within my reach.

Windy

Reaction score
I'm interested, cover at work permitting, - still got a few days hols in hand to use, but August obviously gets more booked up by others with kids so not a certainty. That's if its a Saturday, Sundays not a problem as I don't work them anyway.

Equally, if doing it I'd like to make it more than a one day wonder myself, either coming up the day before or staying over the day after - can one camp / bivvy overnight there ?

Or is there a decent pub / Inn with rooms nearby ?

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Is this a match or just a pleasure fish in ? Not into competitions side of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this a match or just a pleasure fish in ? Not into competitions side of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to stop you fishing in a match just for pleasure, you don't have to compete.

mikench

Reaction score
Count me in Peter. I am usually around in August. Thank you for organising it!

One of my clubs has a seven pool venue south of Crewe just of the M6 if an alternative venue is required. It is called Border Fisheries on the Bay Malton website !

My motive was to meet the personalities behind the fictitious names, have a beer, something to eat and a fish. I will be after tips from all you experts;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'll try to support this Peter but the timing may well be an issue. I have a few non angling things going on in Aug/Sept and may be elsewhere.