FM Ribble Winter Chub fish-in VIII

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Made a batch of chilli bhajis again last night Wol

They are proper red hot mo-foes!!

P

paul williams 2

Your are gonna get one hot ring Wol.....but at least you will get fed!

Paul Morley

Reaction score
No, really lads (and lass), if you want to fish not trudge / stagger/ slip / fall, I'd not recommend Mitton (thanks John for detail). Those of us who have to go day ticket would be better rewarded elsewhere. Conditions look pretty good and I'm pioneering lamprey as a chub killer! Why not- these stretches are hammered with barbel bashers and their pellets, poor old chevin gets a bit pi**ed off with dried food, like my cat.

J

John McLaren

I have had so little opportunity to get out recently with Bob Cragg that I have decided to have a full day in his company so will not be taking part in the FM "festivities". However we are going to be on the Ribble and I will leave my gear mid-morning and pop round to the Black Bull to say hello.

I do want to say a special hello to Jim Hinchley and ask him how he managed in that Seal Suit for 3 months (you don't really believe he went to Nepal!!!!)

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Well I'm afraid that Paul Morley's plans are well and truly scuppered. I'll hold my hands up, I'm to blame, I didn't realise that the price of Lampreys is more inflated than David Beckham's ego.

Don't worry though chaps, it's not only Paul that has ideas that border on being bizarre.

Gentlemen, tomorrow, I'm fly fishing for Chub.

J

john conway

Ric, not if it's as bl**dy windy as it was this afternoon on the Ribble, bl**dy cold as well.

However, the river looked OK, and if it's going to be cold we could do without the bright sun we had at times. The river temp was 7C something, can't remember the something, and the wind was really making it very choppy plus we had a couple of short wintry showers but nothing like the ones on the last fish-in.
Bumped into Jim and his mate on the river, can't say where we were but it wasn't near Ribchester, Jim was rambling on about penguins and polar bears though, and was dressed like an Eskimo. Yes even Jim got cold this afternoon, beautiful views of the hills though and certainly better than working and Baz we all only fished with one rod, traveling light and I had to go home before it got dark.
See you all tomorrow at the Bull around 10:30 to 11:00hrs.

J

john conway

OK lads I hope everyone got home safely and I for one had another excellent weekend with old and new FM friends. I'll do the usual write up covering the domestics of how many turned up, the weather and conditions etc etc. If any of you have any pics could you send them to Graham with a brief description of who's in the pic and could you just post, or email me, what you caught for my records. Yes, I know you told me in the pub but after six or seven pints and another day on the Ribble I don't have a bl**dy clue now. Although my pics of Andy feeding the seal in the bunkhouse came out OK, the one I took in the pub with my phone camera are rubbish, so if any of you have a pic of the lads in the pub again please send a copy to Graham. However, the ones I took on the bank with Andy are excellent for a phone camera.

Andy I'll email copies of the ones I took of you on the riverbank later today after I've taken the dog down the lane.

Lee/Jim if you could put a few words together on your thoughts for the future Whitby Dracula trip and send them to Graham he could pop them on the end of the Fish-in report.

Well only three days left now and I'm off work for all of them, I may even feel like another trip down onto the Ribble tonight but as yet I've not made my mind up. The weathers looking good up here in the Dales, damp and drizzly, so tight lines to anyone on the Ribble over the last few days of the season.

J

john conway

Only managed one Chub 3lb-2oz within half an hour of starting then just the odd nock. Nothing on the Sunday session, fished two swims on both days. Fished with Andy on the Saturady and Andy and Jim on the Sunday. The river looked great but the fishing seemed to be very patchy, still most of the lads caught.