FM Ribble Winter Chub fish-in VIII

J

john conway

I have just rung the Black Bull to confirmed Saturday 10th of March for the 8th Ribble Winter Chub Fish-in, and guess what? The Landladies done a runner and take the kitchen with her! Well the truth is she /they were asked to leave by the Brewery. However, the new Landlord said no problem with the Bunkhouse so I've booked it. If the brewery can sort out the kitchen then the Landlord will throw in a full breakfast as well. As far as the evening meal is concerned, he has no problem with us eating down at the White Bull if the kitchen is not ready.
There will no moon on the 18th, so if the weather's bright and the rivers running clear at least we'll get a few hours of real darkness, unless we get flooded out?

Just for those who have not been before: -
We will meet up in the Black Bull car park in Ribchester as usual about 11:00hrs on Saturday morning have a drink, make arrangements where we are all going to fish and also pay and book in for the bunkhouse and an evening meal if you want one. If the kitchens not ready then I'll ring the White Bull to let them know we will be turning up around 7 to 8-o-clock for a pint and a meal. After fishing, we will meet back up at the Black Bull or White Bull for a drink and or a meal about 19:00hrs and talk about our days Chub fishing. Just think Bazz no healthy chips with their sinks on? After the meal and another couple of pints, it's into the bunkhouse for late night entertainment!
Don?t worry about the domestics I'll make sure everyone knows exactly what the score is before you all leave home for the Ribble.
The bunkhouse is ?10.
Post if you are interested then I can let the Landlord know roughly how many to cater for. If any of you want to come up Friday night and stay in the bunkhouse can you let me konw and I'll fix it with the Landlord.

J

John McLaren

John, I'll be there for the day and stay for the evening meal - could be a busy day on the banks though, last weekend of the season!

Thanks again for the organisation.

M

Martin Womble

I'll be comming along a usual John and staying over.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Yup, sure the dog will be too, Oi DOG.

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
You missed out; few weeks ago the Black Bull was like the wild west. Load of lads had hired some, ahem, exotic dancers. Ladies turned up to find the pub full of flying fists and declined to perform. Ladies get paid and leave whereupon fighting extend to the car park and police join in. It all happens in Ribchester you know!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I missed the last one and was gutted. Or rather my van was.(o

I will be there John, and stopping over.
Is it okay to bring my imaginary friend Timothy?

P.S.
Saw your new photo at H.Q. (night fishing) so I scribbled on it.

J

john conway

Ok Baz, so I now look like you on my night permit pic?
Your OK to bring your imaginary friend so long as he doesn?t snore or break wind<g>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'll be there, but not stopping the night. Too risky when Wol's about.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
If I can clear it with the boss and the bank, me and Jeff will be there too. Are the numbers limited in the bunk house John?

J

john conway

The Landlord said we can have all the bunkhouse and I think it takes about 30. Normally we get about 10 or 12 stopping over night, so no problem Steve.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

You disappoint me Marsbar, was going to let you have top bunk!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Will be there and stopping over. Looking forward to it.

Also sure Jim Hinchley will be there as well. He's back from Nepal middle of Feb.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Hope to be there and staying over. Not sure yet though, trying to rent my house, then
I'll be off for a year.

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Cheers Bryan, how you doing mate ?

Thats about 200 miles and 3 hours traveling, if I can fit it in I'll be there.