FM River Kennet Grayling Day 2007

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Lets have something to look forward to.

I am liasing with a couple of fisheries, Lower Denford and Barton Court, to see if we can block book their waters for the day and hope to post something very shortly whereupon anyone can sign up.Numbers are likely to be limited to 12 whichever we plump for as both are not large.

The likely date will be the 17th November 2007 subject to either water being available.

This is not a preliminary list and anyone who may want to come along will have to post on the later thread as opposed to reserving a place on here.I thought it would useful however to give anyone interested the heads up so they could check their plans in advance.

It amy seem a long way off but to book the waters I really need to do something now.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Once details have been finalised,i will o a another thread and every once can put there names down then.So Nik,Graham and Claaudia watch out for it in due course and put your names down then.The purpose of this thread was just to draw people's attention to the date so they could see if they were free etc.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Are there any other venues that can cater for more anglers Nigel?

12 places will mean a lot of very disappointed anglers who didn't make the cut.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I do not think there are Steve.By nature these chalk streams are all fairly narrow so do not accomodate a lot of anglers easily.The are of course open to anyone at other times albeit there is not that social element you get from a fish -in.The exception is the Itchen which I have booked for late February where I think we got a few more on last year from recollection.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yeah that's the problem Nigel, nevermind 12 anglers will be very happy. I think you managed to wangle 24 places at the Itchen? Although not everyone turned up for whatever reason.

J

Jeff Spiller

I'll be up for that Nigel and if you could ring me an hour before you post for names.
:))))

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Nigel

Don't put speci-hunter down unless he promises not to pick on me.........and demand it in writing too ;-)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nobody is going to be put down for it until I post another thread when the venue is booked.

How about I keep the list open for a week say and then draw lots if it is oversubscribed to see who is in or should it be first come first served?

What I have found is that even though the last two were overscribed normally everyone who wanted to come along usually went.

Y

yoggy

I`m definately interested.

Need to know the exact date though before the middle of June as this is when I pick my winter holidays at work.

Nick,do you fancy getting B&B this time. The drive last time to the Test was a bit of a pain!!