Forum v Forum Charity match

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Here is a new thread for the Forum v Forum challenge:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Hi guys,

After some background work, we have arrived at the following plan. We are not putting everything to a vote which, although more democratic, could easily lead to us not deciding anything at all. I hope and trust therefore that you approve of the following:

The Venue is agreed as Catch 22, near Norwich.
The dates are confirmed as Saturday 17th & Sunday 16th October.
There will be a maximum number of anglers per team set at 15.
Each team must nominate a captain.
A deposit of £20 must be paid to Simon (britcarpalltheway) by 1st September. If no deposit is received by then, it means the member will not be able to fish.
Both thinkingCarp deposits and FishingMagic deposits are to be paid to Simon, as he will be paying the fishery. If more convenient - Big Trev' can collect the FM deposits himself and then pass them on to Simon, just so long as they are received in time.
Please Note - the fishery deposit will not be paid until September, which allows Simon to gather all monies before paying the fishery - in this way, he will not be financially exposed.
If anyone has paid a deposit but then cannot fish for some reason, the deposit will be refundable up until the time the venue is booked (1st September) - after that time refunds can only be made if a reserve angler decides to fish.
Payment may be made by Paypal or by contacting Simon direct. If you are paying by Paypal, please note the deposit will be £21, if you are to incur Paypal fees (3.4% + £0.20 GBP).

Now that we have agreed the foregoing, we can start to plan the charity side of the event. Further details will appear in due course, but please feel free to contact myself or Simon.

Please note, a summary of all the event details may be found at the very top of the thinkingCarp organisational thread:

http://thinkingcarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=132

I look forward to a splendid event.

Kind regards,

S

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi guys, Ive just had a good long chat with Simon (Britcarpalltheway) about this Forum Vs Forum comp. We will have to cap the amount of members on each team to 15 and if there`s more interest then we will have a couple of reserves to replace the drop outs.

Catch22 seem to tick the boxs for 99% of us so Simon is going to speak with them and as he knows a guy who owns it or who`s a bailiff, we would be booking the whole lake (the owners prefer that) for 48 hours from friday to sunday in October, date`s will be put forward when we get availability. The reserve swim and Island swim are the 2 pegs that will be unfisherble to any member from both teams as these are banker swims and as we will be witnessing catchs the Island peg isnt suitable for that very reason, we did have the idea of each team having a banker swim each but witnessing the catches is pretty much impossible unless someone rows out so impracticle. We will try to have everyone turning up at the same time to draw their peg`s but if anyone is running behind the captain from each team will draw them for example TC will draw for us and FM will draw for them but thats only for people turning up late or running behind to keep thing`s fair and I would say we need to have a start time of the match as some people will be turning up later than others so we need to get some idea of when time roughly everyone will be turning up?? We had an idea if people wish to take part is to put a £5 into a pot and the angler who catches the biggest fish of the comp wins half of the total and the rest goes to charity just a bit of a fun wager??

Deposits to be paid by August but Simon is phoning Catch22 tomorrow get the low down and get the booking form sent out, If he can get them (catch22)to take the deposits at a later date he will just to give people a bit more time to get thing`s sorted. If anyone drops out but has paid there deposit if their space is filled then they will get the deposit back if not they lose it, its just to safe guard the rest of us from forking out more money than we need too. We will take the remaining money from everyone when we turn up but we just got to see what catch22 want to do, as people who pay £20 or £30 depsit then they won`t be droppping out last minute obviously there are extreme cases where someone can`t turn up but thats what the deposits for to safe guard everyone else, I will take the deposits from our FM members and forward them onto Simon or Catch22 and he will collect TC`s members it just make`s thing`s easier for both Forums, for example if it costs £ 50 per angler per 48 hours deposit will be £30 and if £40 per 48 hours then the deposit will be £25 per angler. BBQ may not be a go ahead but we will try to sweet talk them tomorrow but if that fail`s we will see what they can do in the cafe as the money raised from the BBQ will be put towards the fund amount for the charity, Simon is going to be phoning his local tackle shops to see if he can drum up some donations (end tackle n bits) to be auctioned of in a raffle, to enter the raffle I would say about a £10 if any wishes to participate but we will keep you all posted and if anyone else has any ideas on arranging items for a raffle or contacts just let us know pleaseor ifanyone has anything to put up to be raffled off.Simon has asked me as captain to have a Captain Vs captain £10 wager on biggest fish of the weekend HHmmm easy way for me to earn £20, he he

Simon sounds a diamond geezer, was on the phone to him for 50 minutes.

Very sorry for waffling on guy`s & gal`s, it should make senseIf there`s anything you think I`ve missed out or if you have any idea`s then don`t hesitate to let me know.

May the best team win "FISHINGMAGIC

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
rousing speech from Trev

OK all you FM ers. There it is, thats our challenge. Its a venue that is not as far south as they normally are so all the guys from the midlands and up north have no excuse lol. The venue has all the facilities we need, the date is sufficiently far enough away to enable you to plan a day off on the friday. There are a few pay days between now and then so you can save up forthe entry dosh.

There are a few regulars on the list already but lets see some new faces out there, dont worry if you havent got overnight kit and stuff like that as im sure we can cobble together enough kit between us. I have bivvies, beds and doss bags if anyone needs to borrow one.

Dan wil be working on the list, I would like to see us fill all 15 spaces.

Dan put me down for this mate, I will give you my deposit this week.

Reaction score
Trev

Have a look at the Calandar 26th 27th September for an example of how I've entered a fish in.

You can add or edit info as required.

For an event that covers more than one day use the range.

Don't forget to add in some times (even if they are not exact requirements) as it will just chuck you out when you try to save the entry and you have to start again.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
Those dates are good for me, count me in.

Now got to reload all my reels with mono as braid not allowed, or buy some more hmmmm............ where's that tackle catalogue?

Are we electing a captain, or as Dan has volunteered are we all happy with Dan as captain? I am, I nominate Dan for the position of Captain of the FM team for this event. Any one second or add other nominations?

Last edited:

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
oh FGS

if he can suss out the stupid calendar he can be the captain.

Hi everyone im Trev and im a new member here be nice to me, I remember what you lot did to poor old Tank.

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
I to am a born again member , due to having to use a old password to get in here , I have put my name forward on the old FM website and yes Dan can be captain , with pleasure and good luck to him .
Can`t find the smileys .

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
The Mighty Fishingmagic Team
-----------------------------
The elite 15 members

1. Dan ----------------Confirmed - Deposit paid

2. Trev ---------------Confirmed -

3. Cakey

4. Speci

5. Peter Jacobs

6. Jonny

7. Fred Bonney

8. Emmo --------------Confirmed -

9. Ian Gemson

10. Richard Farrow

11. Les --------------- Confirmed -

12. Wayne

13. Craig

2 Space`s left & 2 Reserve space`s
PM me and I will send you my address to send your deposits to

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

can you put Wayne "blanker"Mitchell and Craig down please
Just done it mate. Are they member`s ?

Last edited:

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Cakeys lady boys are not members !!! Join the site or Bog off........

Last edited:

wayne mitchell

Reaction score
trev cakeys lady boys are members off the old site and have been for a lot longer than the five min you have been about so please think befor you talk THRUSH

Cakey

Reaction score
ha ha ha .....................

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Wayne there are pictures of you on here somewhere at the first James Farrow match at Hunts Corner with Wol and Grahan etc

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

youve been a meber since at least 02 Wayne

http://http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/1895

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

member even

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I would like to ask everyone attending would you prefer to fish a 48 hour session friday to sunday or a 36 hour saturday to sunday??? We would need to know pretty sharpish please
Many thanks everyone