Free or cheap fishing Runcorn

nottskev

Reaction score
I don't live in that area any more, and was only ever 20m away, but the ends of the Bridgwater Canal and the Trent and Mersey Canal are nearby - Preston Brook - and canal fishing has never been dear. And anglers are fishing the Weaver in the stretches between Northwich and the Mersey these days, and that probably doesn't cost a fortune. I used to catch carp at a big watersports lake called Manley Mere between Runcorn and Chester and that was the usual £5 day ticket. There's a bloke called Danny who does a blog on Maggotdrowners forum who probably knows all the fishing near Runcorn if you want to chase him up and ask.

jon atkinson

Reaction score
It's just £26.00 a year to join Liverpool & District AA - their affiliations with Lymm and Port Sunlight allow you to fish the Bridgewater canal from Runcorn to Daresbury Marina and the Weaver Navigation at Sutton Weaver as well as the Leeds-Liverpool and various others. I'm not familiar with any day tickets in the immediate area I'm afraid, although that's not to say that there aren't any!