Fuji RAF files

M

MarkTheSpark

Poor old Rawshooter cam't even see the RAF files my S9600 produces. Bally poor show on the Fuji software front, too, Ginger. Jolly old software a bit squiffy.

So, aviator jokes aside, does anyone know some decent software that can handle these files? I know about the Photoshop CS plugin, but I don't have CS. Is there anything else?

C

Colin North, the one and only

Try Capture One 4 Pro. I think you can download a beta copy, and buy it later. Google it.

M

MarkTheSpark

Sadly, it doesn't list files from my camera as compatible with its filters

W

Wolfman Woody

Or get Photoshop Elements.

That should deal with them, it does my Olympus ones.

Send me one Mark and I'll try it. Elements is also a cracking tool for enhancing photographs.

M

MarkTheSpark

I was and am a great fan of Rawshooter style editors, which make adjustments before degrading pictures to jpeg without touching the original file. The problem with importing them into editing suites is that the conversion process sometimes makes judgements about the picture.

That said, I'll drop one to you Jeff by email and let me know what happens when you import it into Elements - that's software I might be able to afford!

M

MarkTheSpark

Joking aside, memory sticks have become so cheap I'm thinking of buying half a dozen specifically for things like this.

Paul B

Reaction score
Rawtherapee list support for the 9600. I've not used it myself but it's free so will cost nowt to try./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

Thanks, Paul. I've downloaded Rawtherapee and guess what? It's not too bad. A bit buggy, causing exceptions if you try to open a non-existent or empty drive, but it actually replicates my beloved Rawshooter and seems to work really well - much better than the pants Fuji software.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Mark,

Send me your address, I might just have a little program you will like /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Did the photos you took the other night turnout OK?

Colin

M

MarkTheSpark

Hi Colin. The pictures I shot on that little Fuji weren't great - I'm on a bit of a learning curve with its quirks. But if you want a couple pf the better shots, I can send them.

See PM

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>MarkTheSpark wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hi Colin. The pictures I shot on that little Fuji weren't great - I'm on a bit of a learning curve with its quirks. But if you want a couple pf the better shots, I can send them.

See PM </blockquote>Where???