getting rod sections apart

Mark Davies3

Reaction score
Hi, I have bought a rod recently and i always have trouble getting the 2 sections unstuck it normally takes 2 people 2 pull it apart. Is there anything that can help the sections of my rod come apart easier.
Thanks
Mark

M

Mel Crighton

Mark, you could use a graphite pencil on the joints when you get them apart, but try twisting the two sections rather than pulling.

alan

Reaction score
my father in law use a small bit of butter rubbed in to the joint, that seems to work.

Jeff

Reaction score
Catch 22, gotta push them firm together to withstand a cast but you need to get them apart...

I'm with Mark on twisting the apart and not pulling. New rods can be a pain (not that I've had the fortune of having one for a while!) and you will find that they will loosen up with a few sessions...

Simular to Alan, I would also recommend a little lubricant but would say that Olive Oil might be a safer option as it will soak into the carbon a little...

jp

Reaction score
The easiest way to get a stuck rod apart is to hold it behind your legs and grip firmly with both hands, one on each rod section obviously, and then force your arms apart with your legs.