Go on, treat yourself!

Aknib

Reaction score
I think we should all make a promise to treat ourselves to something fishy when we all eventually emerge from the other side of this.

My plans for the Hexagraph have been well and truly postponed being as I'm currently furloughed and likely to be 20% down on my regular income plus the loss of overtime but it's only temporary and I reckon we all deserve something.

And with that in mind I've promised myself a float from a top notch float maker, i'll put a modest cap on what I spend... Probably twenty quid but I'm determined to treat myself.

Make yourself a similar promise, you deserve it and tell us what it is :)

rich66

Reaction score
I’ve literally just treated myself to a new rod, nothing ott but I’ve wanted a new feeder rod for awhile. So bought myself an 11’ Daiwa ninja feeder rod, new guru reaper rod rests to sit it in.

Philip

Reaction score
Well its not equipment related but I have this half fetched idea to treat myself to getting away for a few days of fishing, more fishing & nothing but fishing. Pack my car full of stuff for any eventuality, point it in a rough direction and disapear into the wilds to live on the bank with just me & the fish for a week.

So many things could stop that happening but maybe just maybe...

Reaction score
Ive made a suggestion to the missus,but I dont believe we will be allowed this year,going for an extra two weeks holiday down to Dorset,in reality I dont think the three weeks we already have booked will occur,I think we are shafted...

steve2

Reaction score
Nothing fishing wise just to spend some time relaxing at the Spa we had booked for our 45th wedding anniversary and than meeting up with my brothers and sister to celebrate getting through this pandemic. Fingers crossed.

mikench

Reaction score
Good idea Steve I will treat myself. I am taking each day as it comes and have no longer term plans . 3 trips have been cancelled already and 3 more are in jeopardy . I won’t bother in future( if there is one) to plan too far ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry Mike,but its nice to see im not the only one with little optimism,even though its not at all nice....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When this is all over I am planning a short trip over to Oslo and then a light to Paris where I'll rent a car and drive to my place in Provence taking a few days to get there. I am already planning the route and the stop off points.

Once there I'll stay at least one week, maybe two as my daughter is threatening to come over to stay for a few days to sample the excellent local cuisine.

The season on the Sorgue river starts in mid April and wading is permitted from May 20th onwards so I'll definitely be fishing when I'm there.

The trout don't get to be any great size locally but are a lot of fun to catch on a 3# outfit and a great way to start or finish a day there.

I have to say, I can hardly wait to get on the plane to get away from here . . . . a function of boredom and disappointment

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have to say, I can hardly wait to get on the plane to get away from here . . . . a function of boredom and disappointment

If you have your own place in france, have such a dislike of the uk and are so obsessed with french cuisine why not move to france and stay there?

Reaction score
I looked at a page on f/book stating how the airlines are already looking at when flights will soon restart,a lady commented that how did they think people would be able to afford it after spending their savings on mortgage payments,bills etc,i said in reply that there are always better and worse off than yourself and that when her family were jetting off on holiday she didnt think of people that cant afford holidays...its human nature,something we have been seeing some of the bad side of since covid...

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I think we should all make a promise to treat ourselves to something fishy when we all eventually emerge from the other side of this.

My plans for the Hexagraph have been well and truly postponed being as I'm currently furloughed and likely to be 20% down on my regular income plus the loss of overtime but it's only temporary and I reckon we all deserve something.

And with that in mind I've promised myself a float from a top notch float maker, i'll put a modest cap on what I spend... Probably twenty quid but I'm determined to treat myself.

Make yourself a similar promise, you deserve it and tell us what it is :)

I doubt it will be any better than the ones you make and post on here.

john step

Reaction score
I doubt it will be any better than the ones you make and post on here.

Edited...... As for my treat it will be a couple of days in a peaceful private lake with my bivvy. I can sleep like a log at night and fish all day and not speak to anyone.

rayner

Reaction score
I'm resigned that fishing is probably out for this year. My daughter talked me into booking our first holiday for over twenty years, that's been lost the same as everyone else.
No doubt I will be held to my promise when we eventually get some normality.

rob48

Reaction score
I'm resigned that fishing is probably out for this year. My daughter talked me into booking our first holiday for over twenty years, that's been lost the same as everyone else.
No doubt I will be held to my promise when we eventually get some normality.

My Riverside cottage on the Severn in October is looking dubious but luckily I've got it August 2021 as well. Spending so much time at home that I ordered new OLED TV and AV receiver from Richer Sounds this afternoon, so I'll be able to tweak that when it arrives.
Tackle wise I still fancy the new Browning Sphere whip when it comes out but I won't buy it unless I know I can use it.

John Keane

Reaction score
John Norris of Penrith, a game fishing dealer I use a lot is sending out sale emails daily. Some of the latest offers are 80% reductions. Now might be the time to look at all things Hardy, although the reality will probably be that it’s 80% off plus-fours and dog jackets.

d.owens

Reaction score
John Norris of Penrith, a game fishing dealer I use a lot is sending out sale emails daily. Some of the latest offers are 80% reductions. Now might be the time to look at all things Hardy, although the reality will probably be that it’s 80% off plus-fours and dog jackets.

Another couple of weeks lockdown and you will be out in the front garden, clapping the NHS & keyworkers, with next door staring at your new deer stalker hat and briar pipe look.