Gone Fishing photo caption competition, judged by Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer!

mikench

Reaction score
Image 1.
Paul " Behave Bob, Ulrikas were not that big"

Image 2

Bob " once I couldn't tell a chub from a dove"

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
John Bailey's technical talks caused the lads some amusement
"During the trots I would opt for the use of a closed face to help maintain some degree of control against unexpected and strong wind"

Reaction score
Image 1 - "never again will Bob and Paul miss a bite whilst practicing their chamber laughs, lesson learned"

Image 2 - "they had promised each other, with such conviction, that they would be on their best behaviour at the ball, and that there would be absolutely no inebriation and subsequent pants wetting..."

jimmythefish.cart

Reaction score
Image 1 I told that young buxom barmaid IT WAS THIS SIZE, and I caught a big fish too ?
Image 2 This was the car park 30 minutes ago ! Told ya NOT to pull that lever that said “DANGER MAIN SLUICE GATE”

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob's estimate of the size of pva bag needed, caused much hilarity.
Image 2
Paul " Fishing is a serious business Bob and it doesn't help when you stand there cackling like a Hyena. I am standing here waiting to land your fish and I bet you don't even know where your float is!"

ken wilkinson

Reaction score
Image 1=Paul asking="Is that the size of the fish that got away or the lie you`re about to tell." image 1=Bob saying="Nothing beats good old Fish and Quips with friends Image 2=Paul saying=" Dress for dinner you said without mentioning us catching it first."

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Image 2:
I've got my line wrapped around his tripod legs, should I pull for a break or strike as though I got a bite?

Philip

Reaction score
Image 1:

While waiting for a Carp to turn up Bob slips into a favorite dream involving Dolly Parton…

Last edited:

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Image 2:

"Paul, it might have been that big, but how can you say it was your best ever fish if you didn't both measure 'and a-weigh' it....."

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Ladybird version
Paul and Bob are good friends. They like to go fishing together. Paul loves his fishing jacket that has lots of dangly things. They both love telling stories and laughing until it is time for their medicine.
Image 2
The producer got distinctly miffed when the boys failed to follow instructions and suggested that they needed to smarten up. The following day he got his wish!

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob struggles to convince Paul that the Gudgeon from waters around Windscale really are larger than average.
Image 2
Paul admits to Bob that he feels a bit silly having waded in without any form of disgorger.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Image 2.

... I said its a black fly hatch so match it...…not black tie & jacket !!!!

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob's habit of carrying "pocket meat" is a source of amusement to Paul. Even Bob gets the giggles when he recalls the size of blockwurst he carried in his pocket whilst walking round Hamburg.
Image 2
Paul soon realised that asking Bob to take the shot seriously, was doomed to failure.

lambert1

Reaction score
Image 1
Bob tries to give Paul a demonstration of "Jazz Hands", but gets a little lost.
Image 2
Desperate for it not to appear in shot, Paul skilfully conceals the hip flask behind his back.

Philip

Reaction score
Image 2

...If I wade any further the water will be over my cummerbund.

Banksie

Reaction score
Image 2:
F4E5DDFB-427B-45EC-A1E7-14155060AC79.jpeg
Bob: Aren’t you gonna tell him, Paul?
Paul: What? That the boat just sunk?
Nah. Let’s just see how long it takes.

Last edited: