Good afternoon

kevin55

Reaction score
I've been on the sister Fly Forum for many years and often looked at this site

My start in fishing was a neighbour of my parents giving me a copy of Mr Crabtree and being taken to fish on the Dove by a friend of my dads
South Derbyshire offered a few lakes and tributaries of the Trent mostly on a BAA ticket

I was lucky enough to marry an Indian whose mother lived a few hours drive from the Cauvery River and spent many holidays fishing there until it got banned after a dispute by 2 indian businessmen brought an issue to the fore

Now in London and 65 I've mostly exlusively fly fished for the last few years; the last time I used a coarse rod was probably 7-8 years ago trotting on the Ivel for barbel with a Match Aerial my dad bought s/hand from a retiring miner when I was 12
Last year a friend took me fly fishing for carp and I loved it and later found some wild carp in Kent

Now I'm looking to do a lot more fly and surface fishing for carp and other species and look forward to all the interesting information on this site

Thanks
Kevin

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome. One cannot beat a bit of " coarse" from time to time. It will be interesting to hear, in due course, how, if at all, the posts, comments and general demeanour differs on the two forums.