good to be back and new pb

nik saunders

Reaction score
hi guys been away for some time ill and very happy to be back to good health i hope.

On my first session out since being ill i had my new pb of 52lb 2oz , pb was 27lb, the session started with my wife ringing me to tell me i forgot my camera , and she said you better not get a biggie, with that all hell broke out with the first night having a 26lb common then a 24 common and at 3 in the morning the delk screamed into life and in the net was buttons at 52. 2oz, i had to wake the owner up to take the pics, i have been really lucky in health and now in fishing what a session, pic in the gallery

Rickrod

Reaction score
Good on you nik,52lb 2oz bet you needed to be in good health to land such a big fish well done mate

nik saunders

Reaction score
it was a great feeling mate just to be outside and not in a bed let alone banking the lake biggie.
i caught the fish called buttons using my old mans rods and reels as i sold mine to help pay the bills while i was not working, when she was in the net i tried lifting it and thought the net was snagged but it was just the sheer weight, it didnt sink in it was the biggie and i had to check the scales about five times, then woke the owner up at three in morning and help check the scales and do the pics.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Was the owner ok about you waking him/her up

nik saunders

Reaction score
not at first , he said nik its three in the morning mate your takin the ****, then i told him it was buttons , he was straight out , i was the only one on the lake, and it does say on his rules that anything over the 35lb mark he wants a call, he was great and new how much this catch ment to me , i have been fishing this lake for 3 years and only had a hand full of 20lb , i know there not the best pics in the world as i wasnt holding the fish right , i was so worried about dropping her in front of the owner, plus im not back to full strength yet.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Well Done Nik,

Glad to hear you are back to good health, and enjoying yourself again.

Stunning looking fish to end the Year on, mind you, it's going to be a F**ker trying to top that PB.

Congratulations.

noknot

Reaction score
Congratulations Nik,

Two twenty pound plus Commons in a night is a right result, and then to bag a 52, Awesome!

She looks stunning as well, Top angling!!!:w

nik saunders

Reaction score
cheers guys , i dont think im ever gonna beat that pb so im gonna get back to lookin for my 30lb as my pb was 27lb, my old man was chuffed for me to ,but said it should be half his as i was using his rods and reels lol, it was also a nice feeling to caught the fish on my own rigs as i used to buy ready made, i cant wait to get back out again but now i need to ask santa for my own rods and reels lol

Shine

Reaction score
Very well done nik. 52lb wow, that's one hell of a fish.

Also always nice to hear someone is getting better.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Instead of lowering your PB back down to catching a 30 lb fish, i would start to try and target specific fish on certain Waters.

Find a water with a good head of decent sized fish, and set out to target specific fish, doesn't matter so much about the weight, but, having the target is just as enjoyable.

Good Luck.

nik saunders

Reaction score
cheers mate there are a number of named fish in the lake i would luv to catch one being pimple at 42lb and a fish which i have only seen from the bank big scaled mirror with dark colours, looks like a mid twenty but looks stunning, but how do you go after one fish. i have tried to follow the route this big plated mirror takes but always lose sight of her ?

maver man

Reaction score
Nice fish mate, good angling.
Well deserved ;)
I want your Diem hoody but the Irie one but they dont do a small :(

nik saunders

Reaction score
while i was ill i entered loads of fishing comps in the mags and won the diem hoody ,t shirt wallet and a couple of hats, if you want the t shirt for free mate as its to small for me i will give it to you just send me your address and i will send it to you mate it says size xl but more like a medium to me , up to you mate

maver man

Reaction score
while i was ill i entered loads of fishing comps in the mags and won the diem hoody ,t shirt wallet and a couple of hats, if you want the t shirt for free mate as its to small for me i will give it to you just send me your address and i will send it to you mate it says size xl but more like a medium to me , up to you mate

Yes mate i will take it :)
Have you got an e-mail address i can sent you my details on?
:):)
Thanks