Greys Prodigy !2' Rod Sleeve.

nottskev

Reaction score
These are not cheap, so I'm not amused that this is what you find when you put your 12' Harrison Torrix barbel rod in a Greys 12' sleeve.

greys.jpg

Yes, the butt is right to the base and the rod sections right to the top of the protector.

How pointless and misleading, to cut it so fine.

mikench

Reaction score
Agreed. Is the bag short or the rod long? A centimetre out on both creates the issue

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have the single rod version of this. Fantastically well padded.
Heard many tales of rods not fitting but this is the first time I've seen it.

Never had a problem fitting a variety of rods from various manufacturers although it is a little tight length ways and the brolly pocket could be longer as it won't accommodate a drennan twist lock handle.

nottskev

Reaction score
Agreed. Is the bag short or the rod long? A centimetre out on both creates the is

I have the single rod version of this. Fantastically well padded.
Heard many tales of rods not fitting but this is the first time I've seen it.

Never had a problem fitting a variety of rods from various manufacturers although it is a little tight length ways and the brolly pocket could be longer as it won't accommodate a drennan twist lock handle.

Actually, mine is the single sleeve. And I agree, it's really well made. It's just not long enough.

The Sogster

Reaction score
It's odd that a manufacturer would make a bag that in general seems too short.

I have off the shelf 12' rods from drennan, shimano, fox, shakespeare and others that all fit (some tighter than others).
I've never actually measured them but perhaps under modern manufacturing methods the stated length includes the spigot all my rods have equal length sections.
So in effect the butt section is 6' from handle end to spigot tip whereas with your torrix I wonder if the spigot is not included in the measurement and you actually have two 6' sections plus the spigot.

This is the only reason I can think of.