GUC @ Rickmansworth

jon atkinson

Reaction score
We'll be spending a few days based in Northwood early next week and I have been given permission to wet a line. We are taking the dogs so won't have much luggage space so I was thinking of taking the lure rod Etc. This stretch is fairly close & can be fished on a day ticket; just wondering whether anyone here has had a dabble with lures on this stretch & what I might expect. TIA...

barbelboi

Reaction score
The only stretch I know at Ricky is the one by the Aquadrome where the Colne crosses. Some pike and quite decent perch and possibly anything else that swims in from the river...........

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Where Jerry mentions has produced some very big perch but they’re either there or they’re not…fishes best when the river has a bit of water on. I’ve fished it with a drop shot and had a few perch and jacks. Nothing very big though. The stretch above is worth a look too. Can be very good on its day but again…better with a bit of colour in the water in my experience.
I am no lure angler btw…somebody who knows what they’re doing could do very well.Avoid fishing right next to the road bridge…unless it’s been cleared it’s full of Tesco trolleys.