Handing's NEW Black 5000 M1 Reel! Spooled & Reviewed!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Most Likely The 1st Look at Handing's NEW 5000 Black M1 Beauty!

I've known about Handing before they became public as i was asked by the company to review their products, but i turned down their offer. I'd rather pick & choose my projects nowadays. I already have the 4K Black M1 on the day it was released & i was quite happy with the line capacity, max drag & smooth cranking. Plus the MSRP was extremely affordable.

This 5K is massive! Should've been a 6K. All current M1's are available in 500-5000 (no more 6000) in both the original grey & the new jet Black. Personally i dig this new black color. Also Handing was recently "re-lowered" their MSRP to usher in their new line-up. I now own 4 reels and i'm extremely happy with them all. (Just found out the stats of the grey 5000 is the same as the new black 5000 M1).

So i went ahead & spooled it with 20lb mono from Soft Steel. I'm sadden that Soft Steel announced this morning (2/21/24) that their folding-up their business. My braid, mono & fluoro usage has always been Soft Steel for many years. So sorry to see them go.

Attachments

• Cover- Black M1.jpg
    Cover- Black M1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11