Has barbel tackle gone to far?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But don't you replace your line after each session Ian almost guaranteeing that it is free from damage at least at the start of your session.

Yeaph, certainly do Graham, but that's only on my pins. The line I use on my egg beaters is usually 10 or 12lb so I just wind it in through my fingers at the end of the session and if there's any scrapes etc i'll feel 'em and remove any damaged stuff. As you rightly say the heavier duty stuff gives you more back up strength if it does get damaged.

Last edited:

Reaction score
My line must be tremendous then,lol,because I haven't lost more than a couple of barbel in donkey's years,I do remove the last few feet every session and run my fingers along it,tackle has to be checked regularly mind.

mikench

Reaction score
I have just replaced the line on my pin and all I've done is practice !:) Ian what have you done!;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have just replaced the line on my pin and all I've done is practice !:) Ian what have you done!;)

Casting does damage the line Mike so your right to change it ;).
That's one of the many plus's of sensor, it's great reliable line and cheap enough to change as often as you like! :cool:.
Forget all those daft more expensive lines like "fools gold" leave that for the fools to waste their hard earned on :wh :D....INCOMING.....:eek:!

Reaction score
Well here it comes:wh,it must be rubbish to need changing so often,another point,you should use fairy liquid,because your hands must be rough to damage your line casting...;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well here it comes:wh,it must be rubbish to need changing so often,another point,you should use fairy liquid,because your hands must be rough to damage your line casting...;)

No, not at all whitty, if i'd used drennan floatfish, foods gold or even silstar match team it would all be in a far worse state at the end of a trotting session than the sensor and i'd be loath to change it because of the extortionate price of the stuff. By the way just better mention that the silstar is too good to be mentioned in the same sentence as fools gold and floatfish so I appolagise for that ;).
The line doesn't always need changing anyhow, I just like new line each time out ;).

mickb

Reaction score
Never used the original sensor. Used sensor clear which I found to be excellent but not quite as good as the line I use now. The original sensor is meant to be better than the sensor clear so must be very good. I believe sensor has accounted for a few carp records as well.

mikench

Reaction score
I have found some sensor clear and will try it next time out! Having caught on the tip one must try the float:rolleyes: I still have a permanent smile on my face!:):):D

flightliner

Reaction score
:thumbs::thumbs:I like sensor , a very good line for big fish.
I bought some new reels about three years back and spooled them up with the stuff, not re spooled since, no need to , good stuff!.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have found some sensor clear and will try it next time out! Having caught on the tip one must try the float:rolleyes: I still have a permanent smile on my face!:):):D

Maybe Fishing Majic should have a name change...."The Daiwa Sensor fishers forum" as it seems that it's the main topic of discussion on here, it must be good stuff :cool:.

Mike, I have sensor in 8lb clear but have never had it in a lower B/S in clear. I'm sure they only sell the lower B/S in 300mtr spools or less and I think it only goes down to 3lb. I've used the normal stuff in the browny colour hundreds of times and can vouch for that though.
Regarding the colour of the stuff, the brown stuff appears green when you shine a torch on it at night :confused:.

B

binka

I was on the phone to Daiwa the other week, ordering a couple of spare spools.

I took the opportunity to ask them why Sensor came on such large reels and they told me that it was due to its originally intended purpose where large acreages of farmland have to be cordoned off for grazing cattle by use of an electric fence.

They did start producing it on smaller spools but the farmers began to complain when they were having to knot it together :eek: ;) :D

And on that note...

Rats and drainpipes spring to mind and this one has just spotted an opening! :D

flightliner

Reaction score

I took the opportunity to ask them why Sensor came on such large reels and they told me that it was due to its originally intended purpose where large acreages of farmland have to be cordoned off for grazing cattle by use of an electric fence.

:D
That confirms folks confidence in it Steve, if it can hold a herd of bee-asts in a field it'll not let an angler down with anything that swims.:)

Philip

Reaction score
I believe sensor has accounted for a few carp records as well.

Mary & Two Tone to name but two ...& sadly probably the last 2 proper record Carp before it all went funny..

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

They did start producing it on smaller spools but the farmers began to complain when they were having to knot it together :eek: ;) :D

And on that note...

This is the good thing about sensor, it has a wide range of uses, as you say Steve...livestock fencing, it is good for boot lacing, stitching up wounds, washing lines etc etc the list is endless, you could even use it for a spot of fishing :cool: .

When you compare it to other much lesser quality lines such as "fools gold" which has only one or two good uses....to be a fire starter for the woodburner or to hang yourself with...it's so much better value for money :D

mikench

Reaction score

And on that note...

Ooh you are awful but I like you! :D

Ian the clear sensor I got was 6lb bs!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ooh you are awful but I like you! :D

Ian the clear sensor I got was 6lb bs!

Your jokin :eek:....i've never seen or heard of it in clear 6lb.

What diameter is it Mike?

It's ok, i've just clocked some in 300mtr spools. It seems to be the same diameter as brown in the 6lb.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
It is and only available in 300 m spools.:) I bought a couple and have put some on my pin ready for action:rolleyes:

I have just checked both spools and they are both 24mm in 6lb bs. Brilliant stuff!!!

Last edited: