HeadsUp - Scam site

Daveymac

Reaction score
Heads up - there is a very, very realistic website gone up purporting to be Angling Direct - unless you dig very deep and carefully, the only giveaway is that the discount 'sale' prices are borderline crazy. AD have been made aware.
Site url is anglingdirectgb.shop
Be careful - this WILL catch people ..... its possibly the most realistic scamming site seen, so far.

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
There are other scams that have almost perfect replica sites!

I went through the process of ordering some Merrell shoes. Alarm bells started ringing when the Paypal option which they indicated they had would not function. It left me having to put in my normal bank card details, so I did a Google search to find out if this was a known scam "replica" site. Well, there was plenty of negative feedback with people ordering and then either not getting their goods or getting the wrong (cheap) items.

So I checked the official site again and found minor differences in the appearance of the pages, but the scam site was VERY convincing!

Ordering online is becoming a bit frightening now, if something looks "too good to be true" do all the checks or just don’t order.

I had several emails over about a month asking me to complete my order with the Merrell scam site, eventually I had to block them.:cautious:

Philip

Reaction score
One basic check...

Always hovver your cursor over the link to the web site and check the URL that its pointing to is the real site before you click on it....sometimes scam sites have one or two characters different as in the example of the scam Angling Direct site mentioned by the OP.

xenon

Reaction score
maybe something or nothing, but cut and pasted the link to have a look-came up as website under maintenance?