Heated waistcoats.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I think if I get one ,I will get a size up.
A little more room to move and less chance of stretching/ breaking heating elements. It may not happen but I would go on the side of caution .

seth49

Reaction score
The weather has been against me mike, to wet this week and it’s mild as well, supposed to be drier and colder next week, so should be able to test it then with a bit of luck.

Did a test in the house, to try it out, and no problems there.

seth49

Reaction score
Well it was a good day to test the waistcoat, only three degrees C this morning after a slight frost, I wore the waistcoat with a fleece over it and it was nice and warm on the medium heat setting, the battery pack I used lasted for six hours on this setting.

I did try it on the highest setting for ten minutes or so and it was very warm, I’m pleased with it so far, kept me nice and warm on a cold November day.

Would recommend it.

Keith M

Reaction score
I’ve had mine since last Xmas and have used it quite a few times on early mornings and on particularly cold days and even as an everyday top garment without the battery; and it’s still as good as it was when I first got it ten months ago.

I’m sure that It was not an expensive one either.

Keith

no-one in particular

Reaction score
They sound good to me, I have an adequate coat except for when it gets really cold, like below 50, only joking but anything below 5 starts to creep into my bones so I reckon this will be a great help.

rayner

Reaction score
I bought a heated base layer two years ago still have not had an opportunity to try it yet. Up to now, it has been too warm. Perhaps in the next few weeks.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I bought a heated base layer two years ago still have not had an opportunity to try it yet. Up to now, it has been too warm. Perhaps in the next few weeks.

I did similarly last Christmas. My sons bought me a very expensive bib and brace and a couple of decent coats and then lockdown and my wife becoming unwell meant they are as yet unused. I did use the lightest coat a few times and was quite impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayner

Reaction score
The base layer I bought has only been plugged in to check it was in working order. First impressions were that the heat panels are a little on the small side, Until I get to use it the size of the heated patches can not be tested.

flightliner

Reaction score
The base layer I bought has only been plugged in to check it was in working order. First impressions were that the heat panels are a little on the small side, Until I get to use it the size of the heated patches can not be tested.
Where did you buy it Garry?

laguna

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these, thinking of getting one for cold weather fishing, talking to a chap wearing one last winter and he swore by his.
There’s plenty on eBay for around £20 or so, and I have a few power packs, so wouldn’t need to buy one of them, anyone on here have any comments about them.
They sound like a good idea Seth. Has yours arrived yet?

seth49

Reaction score
Had it a couple of weeks now Chris, used it three times and I’m impressed, on the middle setting of three it lasts about six hours, and keeps me nice and warm, I’m Grayling fishing tomorrow and will be wearing it then as well, it does make the cold days more bearable, it was £24.00 of eBay.

rayner

Reaction score
In reviews, there are some not so good reports of how they are not reliable. Some say they do not even work. My one is a vest and a base layer that warms my knees. The vest was a bit of an issue to start working, totally my own fault. I was not holding the switch down for long enough, it takes three seconds to switch on. Both the vest and the leggings work nicely. definitely, worth the expense, the vest was £49.00 and the leggings were £20 from Amazon.

nottskev

Reaction score
I was out yesterday, and though it was not quite too cold to tie a hook on weather, it was pretty chilly. My sister had been asking me at tea-time yesterday what I'd like for Christmas and inquired if I had decent outdoor clothes for fishing. I didn't need asking twice, and since Jan is not only amazingly generous but doesn't let the grass grow, she just called round with this, courtesy of Amazon.

ff5.jpg

It's the first time I've owned a piece of clothing with a User Manual, and it's literally a Chinese puzzle, but I'll study it later. It has 4 heated pads in front, 3 at the back, and you can perm these and adjust the heat level, apparently. It came with a charger and a 7.4v battery. You can adjust the size with zip-in panels. The lining is some deluxe fleecy stuff. The reviews are very good. This model is about £80, but since that's only enough these days to fill the car up and pay for a bag of shopping, it will be worth it if it works as well as claimed.