hello all

mick_the_fish

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looks a good site this look forward to picking some info up .

Looking really for info on catching big perch in the cheshire area was a keen carp angler for a good few years but last few have plodding the river banks in the search of chub ,

Cheers folks

Mick

mick_the_fish

Reaction score
Im in sandbach mate, do you know a good perch still water near by, willing to join a club if needed.

Cheers Mick

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I don't know Cheshire, but I do know that, because they don't get fished for much, there are few lakes that have perch that don't have a few good ones.

Lobworms and small livebaits must be the top methods, but mini lures are always worth a go. Mepps and the like.

Reaction score
Sorry about delay in replying Mick..not to aware of your local waters ...but I would try ouy the local canals ... suggest marinas or tow path where boats are moored up - either use light spinning tackle - some success using rubber shads or worms inched across the bottom of canal....oddly most have come from boat channel rather than near boats or far bank.(Similar to experiences couple of mates have had) If you are using this method always advisable to use wire trace in case of pike although I haven't had one hit on this method.

Also try worms either float fished or light legered.