Hello everyone

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Thankyou so much. There are more and more women getting into angling these days, but I see more women on the river bank now. There does seem to be more women in fly fishing though. In fact the other day, I was on the Trent with Tim and there was a woman with her bloke in a bivvie, barbel fishing and she was well informed on the subject too, she also carried half the stuff. They had everything but the kitchen sink with em and there was another woman with her fella, lure fishing but this couple couldnt speak english, seemed an east european language to me. ( I can speak a little french, german and spanish and it wasn't one of those)
I've seen on Tightlines that a few women and family oriented clubs have been doing well recently and as you mention, fly fishing does seem to be benefitting from the fairer sex's attention. I'm sure other branches of the sport will see an increase in female members soon.

Anyways, yes there are women groups popping up all over the place and good on them too, although, I wouldn't go fishing on my own though. I would like to, but its a bit dodgy and yer get some real strange looks too. So when my bloke doesn't go with me, I am grounded ( boo hoo) .
It's times like that you may want to have a look at a local commercial venue, more people and perhaps a tackle shop and cafe on site. Lots of people around and you might feel a bit safer. Although.... I can't see any eventuality that would see me saying no if a lady asked me to pop out for a session ;)

Is your partner joining up? you would be the second couple in the last week. The more the merrier. :D

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

speaking of which what's happened to claudia and wendii
Hello C.C. I haven't seen any of them for a while, Wend longer than Claudia, hope they pop back soon.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

I saw claudia a couple of weeks ago, she is doing fine, soon to be moving so not on the forums much, she is still fishing, off to France next week.
glad to hear she's doing OK, France eh? glad to see she's missing us :)

Andreafish

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Andrea ..nice intro'

Thankyou for the welcome

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Hello Andreazed and welcome to Fm

Thankyou rod for the welcome:D

I have tried commercial fisheries and some are lovely, and they have toilets lol, but they are not my cup of tea at the moment, maybe it's cos I was brought up on the rivers and drains, going up to the wharfe, swale, ure and ouze during the then total close season, with the so called stolen fortnight. Going down to the Witham at Kirkstead and Bardney. I remember my uncle derek doing the breakfast on a stove, bless him. We never caught much but well the atmosphere was unbelievable. I suppose in those days, if you caught a trout and half a dozen dace, it was something to talk about. I know commercials can be amazing in that there are lots of carp etc, once caught 80lb in four hours, but well, it just doesn't seem the same mmmmmm. I seem to get more pleasure from catching half a dozen grayling on the fly, or a perch on the spinners, than I do catching lots of fish at a commercial, but that's me.

Last edited: