Hello from Denmark

Rasmus Keis

Reaction score
Hello

Just a little introduction.

I am 32, married, two sons aged 3 and 6, works as a teacher.

I have been fishing for 25 years, and slowly got more and more interested in freshwater fishing. Actually this is sort of a reintroduction, because I was part of the old FishingMagic mailing list before the forum. Then about 8 years ago I suddenly got tired of carrying enormous amount of gear – rods, poles, net, platform, groundbait etc. I sold all my equipment and started fishing for sea run brown trout along the danish coast with both spinning and fly gear, something more or less the national sport in Denmark.

But now I again feel the need to do something different. Once again I will go for carp, tench and other coarse fish, but not like I used to. One rod, just the basic equipment and being mobile searching for fish. I still go trout fishing but other fish will also be targeted from the coast. This summer I hope to catch both mullet and turbot – two species I have seen while fishing trout but never caught. This is one of the great things about fishing - there is always a new method to try or specie to be caught.

Good fishing to everybody
Rasmus

Colin North the one and only

Reaction score
Welcome back to FM. I haven't fished in Denmark for a good number of years now. When I did, it was always coarse fishing, as opposed to anything else. I recall the amount of gear carried, and huge bags full of groundbait, for the bream on the Guden, at Silkeborg. (I hope I have remembered the correct spelling of the name of the town and the river!)