Hello from me

devonfisher

Reaction score
Hi all

Just found this forum,love to fish anywhere in Devon/Somerset,always loooking for new places to fish and love to pick up tips on these sites so any help is always appreciated.Looking to do a bit of match fishing this year so will probably need lots of help!!!!!

Cheers, John

devonfisher

Reaction score
I live in Tiverton, i spent my early years fishing the Grand Western canal and the river Exe but after a long break(marriage,kids,divorce etc) I now also spend a lot of time on commercials and club ponds.

devonfisher

Reaction score
Im always looking for different places to fish,I have fished down your way at Town Parks and Newbarn Farm when we visit the in-laws 2 or 3 times a year but have never really bagged-up on either,are there better places to go when im down that way?Not really in to big carp fishing,love a good days silver fishing on the pole or waggler.Thanks for the welcome to the site,like what i have seen so far:)

slime monster

Reaction score
John the match lake at Town parks is solid with sivers if you go again fish the whip on maggot or hemp tare.on pole I imagine you must have been to Goodiford mill another good silver venue .

devonfisher

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes guys,nice to be made so welcome,not like some forums I could mention:(

Slime Monster,its funny you should mention Goodiford,I have never fished it but was thinking about a day there this weekend or maybe one day next week when its a bit quieter.Have you fished it,any tips??? Every time I visit Town Parks it pours with rain,I would love a warm,settled day to bag up but never get one!!

slime monster

Reaction score
Goodiford is a big water high nos are shallow and are solid with Tench and bream in the warmer months ,the dam end fishes well this time of year Lots of good Roach Bream and of course Carp avoid the straight on the left side looking from the dam If you do not want Carp Tackle shop ..basic,on site Pole wag or feeder will all catch fish maggot on drop for the roach .I will let you know next time I intend a trip there.