Hello from Northants.

billynoband

Reaction score
Hello, I have already posted a few days ago but thought I would still introduce myself. I am based in Northants and only really fish local rivers the Ise and Nene for roach,chub and pike. I only venture onto the commercials to keep the kids interested, I regard carp as vermin :D. I have no interest in lake fishing myself.
A group of us local kids started fishing on the river Ise/Wicksteed park in the late 70s and hammered away at the big roach before we became more interested in girls. One of that group included Tony Gibson former Barbel record holder.

goldenboy55

Reaction score
welcome billy, Im new myself
vermin should ruffle feathers LOL
I rather like the analogy of carp fishing with a visit to the comedy store
you get all these poor buggers and shove em in a place they cant escape from and force feed them with endless ammounts of food or alcohol .........even a **** comic is going to get a laugh now and then......... little skill involved is there really?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Hello, I have already posted a few days ago but thought I would still introduce myself. I am based in Northants and only really fish local rivers the Ise and Nene for roach,chub and pike. I only venture onto the commercials to keep the kids interested, I regard carp as vermin :D. I have no interest in lake fishing myself.
A group of us local kids started fishing on the river Ise/Wicksteed park in the late 70s and hammered away at the big roach before we became more interested in girls. One of that group included Tony Gibson former Barbel record holder.
Welcome aboard B.N.B. you should have some interesting discussions on here and you'll already have raised a smile amongst some poster with that comment........ not so much with others...... do you have a tin hat? :rolleyes:

As they say, may you live in interesting times :)

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Hello there billy,welcome aboard.
I grew up fishing on the ise and the old nature trail lake at wicksteed park.
When i was younger,i/we lived on the ise lodge est in kettering and the ise was only a short walk.Even forbidden swims on the boughton house estate,were frequently visited and some excellent roach caught.
Perhaps the stretch opposite wicksteeds on the barton road,was the most famous with some serious fish coming out.