Hello.

Andy1990

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time browser who's finally got round to posting.

Consider myself to be an all-rounder who will fish for anything that swims but my passion lies in River Fishing for Chub and Barbel. I fish the Ribble on occasion but being from Wigan I have the River Douglas on my door step and have developed a stubborn love of this little river, despite it's setbacks over the years due to pollution etc. I learned to fish on the Douglas and caught some truly quality fish prior to a significant fish kill back in 2009 that broke my heart. The years in between were spent chasing Barbel on the Ribble and sometimes fishing for Chub on the Wyre. Somewhat inevitably however I've been spending more and more time back on the Douglas recently, with some encouraging results and a couple of surprises as well. It is by no means an easy river to fish and I know that the bite-less hours may have a yielded a better return if spent on the Ribble or elsewhere but I also know this little river is far from beaten and a million miles from the industrial sewer stream it has been considered to be by some locals for years, especially if you know where to look!

Looking forward to contributing to the forums and reading some good catch reports.

Thanks,
Andy.

Reaction score
Hi Andy,please,please post on what seems like the secretive barbel threads,only a very few regulars post on that section sadly,probably from as far back as the 'barbel wars' days,you will have to put a search in to see this....