HELP

Barry Moore

Reaction score
hI ALL CAN ANYONE HELP IM TRYING TO STARTFISHING WITH MY YOUMG SON BUT I DONT KNOW WEN TO START SORRY WHERE TO START PLEASE CAN YOU HELP LIKE DO I NEED A LICENSE DO I NEED HELP OH DO I. PLEASE HELP ANYTHING WILL DO

F

Fred Bonney

You will both need a licence,you can buy them at the post office.

J

John Pleasance

I thought under 16s (or was it under 12s)didn't need a rod licence.

Has that changed recently?

Either way you will also need permission to fish,this could be in the form of a day-ticket or a club membership,or if you are lucky there will be a water near you which is free fishing (rod licence still required if applicable).

P

Paul Bishop

It's the under 12's who don't need a license and if you're aged between 12 and 16 you need a junior one.

As I'm finding out most free water can get very busy.

J

Jason Lennon

Paul you got ripped off - I only paid ?22 for my licence!

D

Dave Slater

Barry,
What area do you live in mate? If you say which area in your next posting I am sure somebody reading the thread may be able to come up with a few suggestions for you.

Barry Moore

Reaction score
Thanks Dave im from the north east.I guesse most people call it gods country lol

B

Bill Cox

Hi, yes you will both need a licence before you start to fish.

Barry Moore

Reaction score
Hi all again but sorry i tried taken my young boy fishing in my local river but i didn't know how to put a hook on the line or anything can anyone help? honestly im i havn't got a clue can anyone atleast show me the basics?

R

Rodney Wrestt

you can also buy hooklengths ready-tied in the tackle shop, they are attached to the mainline by tying a loop in the mainline and using the loop which is already tied on the ready-tied rig.

Pass the main line loop through the loop on the ready-tied rig.

then pass the hook through the loop on the main line and pull the hook through untill the line is just about to close the loops together.

moisten the loops and tighten them gently and that's it done.

D

Dave Williams

Hi

I am in the North East currently in Sedgefield but originally from Sunderland fish in ponds mostly if u fancy a days fishing I have no probs going through the basics with u. I have converted one of my mates from sea fishing about 3 months ago he fished his first match a fortnight ago at our local club pond and thoroughly enjoyed it. The offers there mate I have got quite a bit of spare gear as well which may help u out.

Dave