Hey dudes

Kevlar78

Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Kev and I'm from (and live in) Bristol.
Fished a little as a kid, but have very little knowledge or experience.
I will ask a lot of questions, some of which may get on your nerves, some of which may seem obvious, but I'm very keen to learn so that I can enjoy taking my 9 year old son.
River fishing with a float and/or feeder would be my preferred approach, desperate to one day land a Barbel!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. If you were from Liverpool I might have credited you with inventing bullet proof vests! :rolleyes: ;) Ask away as that is what a forum is for. There is a very good search facility but I prefer to ask the same question again with maybe a different slant and different answers. It is useful for background however. You will learn a lot and do tell all in the HDYGO thread in general fishing. If nothing else you will soon see who the quality anglers are and the few, like me, who have a go but will never be any good. Do I care , not one jot. It's all about learning something new and enjoying it.

My days as a Dude stopped with Mott the Hoople- before your time methinks.

Kevlar78

Reaction score
Thank you mate!

Have a very light float rod, but looking at maybe a drennan twin tip duo to cover a few bases without costing the earth, so will hopefully have something to show on HDYGO apart from cheese and onion rolls ?

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum (y)

Don’t worry about asking questions no matter how trivial they may seem to you, we all had to learn somewhere. You’ll be answering questions yourself soon (y)

if you do have any questions were a friendly bunch and if we can help we will only be too pleased to help.

Tight lines
Keith

PS Mike I think I saw Mott the Hoople at the Purple Fez in Plymouth back in the early 70s and they were great. :)

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
That sounds like a right den of iniquity Keith. I liked them in their day.

It was a club I used to regularly go to which had some very well known hippie bands playing there on Thursday and Saturday nights.
I think I was the only short haired hippy there as I was serving in the Royal Navy at the time :giggle:

Keith

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Ask away. However dont just ask and disappear. Take part even if its a blank session. Let us know how you progress on HOW DID YOU GET ON.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Keith and I were Dudes in 1973 without a doubt.
173464746902.jpg