Hi all

Wayne b

Reaction score
Quick introduction
My names Wayne and I'm from Nottinghamshire always fished from the age of 10.
Love catching tench and always wanted to catch a golden tench still haven't but my local Ponds which Im a member of have just stocked some not many and only small ones but they still count?.
Nice to meet you all.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum (y)

I love catching Tench too ; no matter how big they are; although the bigger they are the better :)

Don’t forget to post your catches (good and not so good) in the ‘How did you get on’ thread.

Tight lines

Keith

Wayne b

Reaction score
Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum (y)

I love catching Tench too ; no matter how big they are; although the bigger they are the better :)

Don’t forget to post your catches (good and not so good) in the ‘How did you get on’ thread.

Tight lines

Keith
?Will do

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I too love tench probably because I catch so few but they are my favourite fish and bring a smile to my face irrespective of size. There are hundreds of threads and posts mostly fishing related but some which provide a welcome diversion and enable members to discuss other interests and pursuits. Please contribute to threads, create your own and tell us of your success or otherwise in the HDYGO thread.

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi Wayne welcome to FM

A couple from my local pond

IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Welcome to FM Wayne, had my very first golden tench a month or so ago.

View attachment 10440
John do reckon golden tench come in easily when Hooked compared to the normal coloured olive tench ?
A club water I fished that had them in ,they came in very easily, Crucians fought harder than the golden tench.
Was good in a match because they were weight builders,get into a shoal of them and you could get a good weight in no time.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
John do reckon golden tench come in easily when Hooked compared to the normal coloured olive tench ?
A club water I fished that had them in ,they came in very easily, Crucians fought harder than the golden tench.
Was good in a match because they were weight builders,get into a shoal of them and you could get a good weight in no time.

Interesting you should ask Mark, I’ve only caught two but have also had reports from other members captures and we all agree. Initially they go off like Usain Bolt and then very quickly give up and come in without any fight. Regular tench do eventually wave the white flag but not before a spirited fight, not that I’ve caught one over four and a half pounds!