Hi All

Bas65

Reaction score
I fished like mad as a 10yr old, often leaving home on my bike early Sunday morning as my parents were coming in from a night out, I would cycle miles with everything strapped onto my bike and could not wait to drive; my best result was a 15m cycle to Virginia Waters in Surrey and a 17.5lbs pike. However, at that point being 19yrs and driving, I did not angle again. Then 27 years later after transporting all my antiquated gear from flat to house to house, we were burgled and the whole of my garage emptied including all my fishing gear that unfortunately contained a split cane rod. However, the insurance company paid out and valued the theft at over £2k. So here I am again for the last 6 years, having bought even more gear, enjoying fishing again and fish many styles from my favourite float fishing, to ledger, to method feeder fishing and now progressed to carp fishing. God how I have missed it and just love getting out there even if I still get a blank. So hello everyone and please send me your tips.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Bas65 welcome to the forum (y)

I fished like mad as a 10yr old, often leaving home on my bike early Sunday morning as my parents were coming in from a night out,

I assume you had a baby sitter when they had their nights out when you were just a10yr old :oops: :giggle:

Keith

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Post regularly , respond to posts, post on the HDYGO thread and you will soon make friends and pick up tips. Enjoy your fishing; it's even possible in lockdown.

Bas65

Reaction score
Hi Bas65 welcome to the forum (y)

I assume you had a baby sitter when they had their nights out when you were just a10yr old :oops: :giggle:

Keith
no not in those days but did have an elder sister; must admit it was not until 14yrs that I started the early fishing departure