Hi Everyone

Deejay8

Reaction score
Hi, my name is David. I'm a returning coarse angler, who has been away from fishing since 1998, so 23 years now. I kept a lot of my old tackle, and I'm in the process of buying new tackle, with the aim of returning to the sport in the Spring. I live near Redruth in Cornwall, and I have been here for 4 years. Before that I lived in southern Hampshire, which is where I used to do my fishing previously.

David

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Dont be one of those that join then disappear. Let us know how your exploits go in the thread HOW DID YOU GET ON.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi, my name is David. I'm a returning coarse angler, who has been away from fishing since 1998, so 23 years now. I kept a lot of my old tackle, and I'm in the process of buying new tackle, with the aim of returning to the sport in the Spring. I live near Redruth in Cornwall, and I have been here for 4 years. Before that I lived in southern Hampshire, which is where I used to do my fishing previously.

David

Hi David, welcome to the forum (y)

It’s a small world :) I myself used to live in Helston just down the road from Redruth when I served in the RN at RNAS Culdrose many years ago; and I also lived and served in Pompey in south Hampshire too.
There were plenty of smallish Dace and brownies in the stream that runs past the boating lake in Helston which I used to fish for a bit further downstream across the road from the boating lake which runs towards Porthleven.

I always had a couple of small brownies in the fridge for my breakfasts which I’d caught on small worms from that stream.

Anyway I’m looking forward to your posts.

Keith

Last edited:

Deejay8

Reaction score
Hi David, welcome to the forum (y)

It’s a small world :) I myself used to live in Helston just down the road from Redruth when I served in the RN at RNAS Culdrose many years ago; and I also lived and served in Pompey in south Hampshire too.
There were plenty of smallish Dace and brownies in the stream that runs past the boating lake in Helston which I used to fish for a bit further downstream across the road from the boating lake which runs towards Porthleven.

I always had a couple of small brownies in the fridge for my breakfasts which I’d caught on small worms from that stream.

Anyway I’m looking forward to your posts.

Keith
That's the River Cober. I lived in Helston between 1976 and 1979. My mate and I fished behind the lake and caught a few small Brownies on a cheap Woolworths rod and reel and worms. I will have to look at the section over the road. I know there is the Penrose Amenity Area, run by Cornwall Council, and No Fishing signs on that area, but I think I can access the river from the other bank. The river gets deeper as it heads towards Loe Pool, and there could some roach there, as there are now a lot in the lake. I'll give it a go one day. I lived near Southampton and then Romsey, before moving back to Cornwall 4 years ago.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Do participate in creating threads, responding to posts and detailing your successes and failures on the bank.

bullet

Reaction score
Hi David, Welcome and do post up if you go fishing, not sure if there is anyone from Kernow on here....