Holdall or Rod Sleeves?

Pennywise74

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new holdall as my Apache is too big but wondering if sleeves would be a better choice as use the barrow all the time so don’t need everything in a holdall, any advice?

Keith M

Reaction score
I haven’t used my rod hold-all for donkeys years.

I keep most of my rods in their own padded rod sleeves and I have four different rod Quivers which all take different numbers of rod sleeves on their outsides together with a landing net (or nets) and rod rests (or a rod pod) plus occasionally a brolly in the inside of the Quiver or in one of the outside pockets.

I find it much better and a lot more convenient than cramming my rods all inside one large rod hold-all and I think it probably takes less room in my car too.

I also have two of these abbreviated semi Quivers that came with their own shoulder straps (not in the pictures):

Keith

Last edited:

Pennywise74

Reaction score
I haven’t used my rod hold-all for donkeys years.

I keep most of my rods in their own padded rod sleeves and I have four different rod Quivers which all take different numbers of rod sleeves on their outsides together with a landing net (or nets) and rod rests (or a rod pod) plus occasionally a brolly in the inside of the Quiver or in one of the outside pockets.

I find it much better and a lot more convenient than cramming my rods all inside one large rod hold-all and I think it probably takes less room in my car too.

I also have two of these abbreviated semi Quivers that came with their own shoulder straps (not in the pictures):

Keith
Thanks for that. My 5 rod Apache is fine for 3 made up rods but ridiculously crammed if using for 5