Homemade boilie basemix advice

Hi

I'm an absolute beginner to the bait making game having been a stickfloat, centrepin, hemp & caster devotee.
I'm not interested in carp (so no threat to anyone on here), but have started taking a more specimen orientated approach and using baits and tactics to try to catch bigger fish.
I've just bought a 8mm Gardner rolling table and am having a go at rolling my own particle boilies.

Could anyone advise what you think re my birdfood base mix below please. I'll be fishing short session on a small river to target chub, barbel, bream and roach this winter:

250g semolina
250g soya flour
250g partiblend (ground)
50g crushed hemp
300g milk powder
1 tsp salt

*Liquid 1
4-5 eggs
50 ml evaporated milk
50 ml liquidised sweetcorn
20ml pineapple flavouring (natural)
5ml blueberry flavouring
4 drops clove E.O.
6 drops coriander E.O.
6 drops aniseed E.O.

*Liquid 2
4-5 eggs
50ml liquid liver
50ml evaporated milk
2ml frankfurter flavouring
8 drops black pepper E.O.
6 drops chilli oleoresin

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

flightliner

SOS, your first recipe is similar to one that I used to make back in the eighties but without the crushed hemp ( not saying it's not beneficial, I just didn't include it )
What was a popular with many carpers at the time however was to include a quarter teaspoonful MSG ( monosodium glutamate ) -- a flavour enhancer. ( try a bit on your tongue and you will taste the last thing you had to eat ).

peterjg

You haven't said how long you are going to boil them for but I suggest that you add another binder such as wheat gluten or they might break down too quickly - especially as they are only 8mm. Good luck, it's always so much more interesting to make your own baits.

PS. You could also include a bit of farina (potato starch).

Roto Fryer

have a look at cc moores website they will have a few recipes on there that are a bit better than what you suggest :)

The best boilie I’ve ever used and so simple was Richworth50/50 with plum flavour that’s it. U can by semolina and soya on eBay for peanuts. Don’t be fooled into thinking you need xy and z in baits to work you don’t

Philip

No but x y & Z might make them work even better ;)

I dont mix my own baits anymore. Too time consuming. Now I let the bait companies worry about the ingredients and I concentrate on the fishing.

No but x y & Z might make them work even better ;)

I dont mix my own baits anymore. Too time consuming. Now I let the bait companies worry about the ingredients and I concentrate on the fishing.
It’s not the done thing these days compared to the 90s when making your own was massive but I remember the mess and smells lol think I’ll stick to ready maxes. I got chucked out my house once for using Hutchies She’ll Fish Sense Appeal lol

Roto Fryer

Kevin Maddox did tests with 50/50 mix boilies and they were avoided for a long time after eating once. Moving forward Fishmeal based hnv baits will be consumed on a regular basis.