Horseshoe Dreams

Bully

Reaction score
Some cracking pictures here.......love the one of the fish under the bank and the sunset.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
It is a lovely place with well set up pegs, some double, some single and even some pegs for day ticket only visitors, a well stocked shop onsite and a cafe for your breakfast, I love the place.

Both the late Johnny Jones and I spent eight futile sessions on there in search of those lovely tench with nary a tench or a bite to show for it between us apart from an 18lb that John caught but I never got tired of fishing there. Its not an easy place to catch fish and a bit moody too but to be honest we didn't fish the optimum times, dusk and early night time because you aren't allowed to on a day ticket.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hahahaha! yes, I meant carp of course and a lovely looking carp at that, absolutely pristine it was. That carp was hooked and landed by John on a 6lb line with a 4lb hooklength, no mean feat because those Horseshoe carp do tend to go a bit.

Skoda

Reaction score
Super article Samantha, many thanks! I'm not a carp angler but it sounds idyllic. Excellent pictures only serve to make it feel better.

Andy