how far do you go...?

jasonbean1

Reaction score
recently on a 4 day treck to the lower river me and my mate were cut a drift from the supply track, heavy rain swamped the bivvies, dry goods drenched fresh food covered in flies...the humidity just brought in every insect for miles... and they were trying to eat us alive!

so after enduring this for e few days the sanitary problems became evident. me i just walked into the forest as far away as i could and done the business..wet wiped down and got back to the bivvy...my mate Lee took a different approach..bucket, bag, dump in the bivvy and then knot up and discard.

Question being then..where to dump?

didnt take us long to realise it was easier to walk to the pub a mile up the river later in the day, or for a bit of food with it early in the morning mcdonalds was just down the road!

Reaction score
Not wishing to be pedantic m'lud but given that it's about Jason and Lee.....

two for Corky...

..and you know how over-excited he gets with multiple enquiries...he just cannot cope!!

Reaction score
Hmm...you have a bit of a dilemma there chaps.

Personally I'd go for a **** in the woods and bury it. Unless a nice firm chair leg is guaranteed then picking it up and bagging is not an option.

Second option, the pub, well that's approx 20 mins walk away - personally I just wouldn't make it. So McDs it had to be - especially as 'these toilets were last cleaned by KARL 20 minutes ago'

flightliner

Reaction score
Go before you go.If its longer than a day eat plenty of eggs--loads of em!:)

Years ago I witnessed a match on the middle level where one team member for a big county town (no name to protect the guilty) was a very nice lady. All the guys round her were plaiting their legs in order to hold themselves as there was nowhere to go in private.
Come the end of the match she just stands up, drops her pants and does a pee right in front of the guys saying "you guys must be dry, I was desperate for that":D:D:D

robthomo

Reaction score
if your in the woods off the beaten track why bury it?

Coz some poor ******* walking their dog might end up with a nasty surprise, a dog that's rolled in fox **** is bad, I can assure you that one with bit of Andrex stuck to it's back is much, much worse! :eek:

jasonbean1

Reaction score
thing is with my bodily functions and the way i angle projection it would meen i'd need a trench around 6 foot long and 6 inchs wide.

question being....

what shovel?

and how deep?

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

and to add to that...

as a young lad in my nice new thermal hooded one peace suit in the depthsof winter, busting for a ****, on the river soar, miles from knowhere, running to the bushes to releive myself...ah job done, that feels better

only to pull my suit up, hood up...oh ****..literally on my forhead..just caught the hood with a slither of home grown cack in my rush for relief!

thats why the angle of projection nowadays.....

tortoise100

Reaction score
I take a small folding trowel but have only used it once ,they do cheap trowels in the pound shop.
I think it's the fact that most of he food I eat when fishing keeps you bunged up.
I have had to resort to a dog pooh bag twice when feeling a bit ill and pike fishing , think its something to do with the mind set when pike fishing you expect to be uncomfortable and combat the ellements so will still go even when feeling ill .

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if your in the woods off the beaten track why bury it?

Mate, not having ago but do you really think doing a dump and then leaving it and is right? I have camped in some real wild places over the years and I have never, ever thought, oh right, no one comes this way so it's OK to **** in the woods then you are living in a twilight zone!
The harm that can be caused by human excrement can cause all sorts of nasty things (as can any carnivorousness animals waste!) so just be responsible mate and bury it!

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Mate, not having ago but do you really think doing a dump and then leaving it and is right? I have camped in some real wild places over the years and I have never, ever thought, oh right, no one comes this way so it's OK to **** in the woods then you are living in a twilight zone!
The harm that can be caused by human excrement can cause all sorts of nasty things (as can any carnivorousness animals waste!) so just be responsible mate and bury it!

point taken mark...this was meant to be a tongue in cheek thread and the area in question for my alfresco relief is in my thinking not the places where i've seen anyone go before.....

next time i'll fill out my risk assessment form and change my ways :eek:

cg74

Reaction score
next time i'll fill out my risk assessment form and change my ways :eek:

That might not be a bad idea; but be sure to include bivvy location when torrential rain is predicted.....

........... Oh and where to site your rods/alarms..... :eek:mg::D

BarryC

Reaction score
If you expect dog walkers to pick up their pets mess then I reckon the least you can do is bag it and dispose of it later.

Jamesy

Reaction score
Ive been caught out twice so i made my deposit below the flood line and took the bottom wipes home with me in a zip-lock bag.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score