How would you fish this?

rayner

Reaction score
I have an aversion to fishery rules, I don't blatantly break rules, I'm a little more covert than that. I'm not talking barbed hooks but if I want to use a bait that a fishery as outlawed I will.
You make a good argument for fishery owners Kev, I'm trying to keep my self imposed rebel image :ROFLMAO:

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks for the back-handed compliment :)

But actually, I'm just saying anglers might as well take up the chance for a one-off go at a trout water, with whatever coarse fish in, that's being taken down and transformed.

What the owner is up to is irrelevant - the angler is still just the punter who pays for his fun, and the owner takes the money, even if he decides to fill it in and build a supermarket on the site when we've gone home.

Btw, I've never bought a bag of "fishery pellets" and I sometimes keep the lid on my bait boxes.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Thanks for the back-handed compliment :)

But actually, I'm just saying anglers might as well take up the chance for a one-off go at a trout water, with whatever coarse fish in, that's being taken down and transformed.

What the owner is up to is irrelevant - the angler is still just the punter who pays for his fun, and the owner takes the money, even if he decides to fill it in and build a supermarket on the site when we've gone home.

Btw, I've never bought a bag of "fishery pellets" and I sometimes keep the lid on my bait boxes.
Kev ,There is a fishery that Mike ,Gordon and myself fish, he has fishery own pellets, but if you mention you have some with you from other fisheries, he will allow the use of those.
I mentioned to Danny the owner that he is doing himself out of the price of a few bags of pellets per angler in most cases.
His reply was that he would rather do that and word gets around to what he is doing, therefore more anglers turn up and use their own pellets and he gets more day ticket sales.
Another one at Malpas insists on their pellets only, I have a few empty bags with their label on that I refill from tackle shop when I go there. Same as one near Wigan.
There are or were two major pellet makers , Coppens and Skrettings. One is stopping production as far as I am aware, Most major commercials use these two brands , In my opinion fisheries that say have to use their pellets are ripping people off,
Like you on some fisheries my lid stays on my bait box.only if I have no bags for there.

chrissh

Reaction score
The day went well despite the heat had a good bag of roach and tench best roach was 1.1/4lbs

No trout or rudd

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0314.JPG