i came second wowwwwww !!!!

W

Wendy Perry

Well just wanted to let you all know i came 2nd it was fantastic i caught 6 roach and one chubb which was in total 3lb 2oz i've had the best day of my life there was 32 pegs 31 of them were men but at the end they all said well done !! i am a happy fisherwoman :eek:)

M

Malcolm Bason

Thats excellent Wendy! Well done - 1st next time eh?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well done Wendy, that's brilliant. I fish the odd club match myself (got one tomorrow) and it sure feels good when you get a place.

R

Rodger Walker

great result wendy.i presume youll be fishing in the next club match???
ive never fished a match so i wouldnt know where to start so very well done to you.

M

Malcolm Bason

I won a carp match recently Wendy, so i now know how it feels! Yippee! :eek:) So stick at it and beat em all.

Good luck for the match tomorrow Graham.

P

Peter Morton

Well done,I just hope i can do as well in my own club match tomorrow

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Well done Wendy, an excellent result. And please don't ever lose that attitude. It's so nice to hear someone so obviously excited by their achievment. A far cry, thankfully, from the 'carpers' who find it necessary to moan about catching double figure nuisance bream.

D

Dave Beal

Well done Wendy, it would be nice to see a few more women fishing club matches.
I fish matches every weekend and your the first women Iv'e ever come across doing it.
Keep up the good work.

P

peter webber

Way to go Wendy, I bet it put you on cloud 9 and who knows next time you might be 1st.

Well done again and keep beating them. :)

Pete

W

Wendy Perry

thanks everyone and yes i was on cloud 9 i couldn't sleep Sat night i was dreaming of chubb LOL been fishing again today infact made myself a member of a club now and can go there every day if i like the one i did the match on i live in Oldham (well someone has to ) and the pond is only 5 mins from where i live i love fishing now even more and told everyone what to get me for xmas for starters a decent reel !! Anyway will send a photo in as soon as i get my next fish i forgot on Sat but thanks everyone for the vote of confidence.

C

Carp Angler

What club have you joined Wendy?
There's some good fishing up your way.

W

Wendy Perry

I've joined Shaw Anglers but the pond is in Chadderton it's got some nice fish in apparantley mmmmm may have to go on sick for a week to see whats in there :)

D

David OLoughlin

I was brought up in Rochdale & went to school on Oldham Rd, Wendy. Yes you're right someone does have to come from Oldham & I'm glad it's not me. LOL
I have fond memories fishing round the area, especially the mill lodges, many of which have unfortunately been emptied & built on.
I did hear the river Roach had been cleaned & had trout in it till some b****** put arsenic in it.

W

Wendy Perry

The pond i fished on is a mill pond just one of few that are left around here David I'm gonna look for somewhere to fish at weekend i don't know where the river Roach is tho ?? and i know Oldham is a joke lol

C

Carp Angler

Wendy, go out towards Saddleworth and have a look at the Diggle waters.
Half decent fishing and in pleasent surroundings.
(Pleasent in the respect that you haven't got matchstalk men and kids trying to nick your car stereo)

W

Wendy Perry

Cheers i will have a look up there then do you know if they are just day pass places ??

C

Carp Angler

They are club waters for Diggle Angling Society, I'll try and find some details for you.

C

Carp Angler

The contact details I have are
Saddleworth AS 01457 875500 and
Diggle 01606 723800

W

Wendy Perry

Thanks alot i'll give em a ring later on to see about going on Sat :eek:)

D

David OLoughlin

Carp Angler, being as you're down in 'skate bait' country (Southampton way?) how do you know all about our lovely moors? I'm impressed.

Wendy Oldham isn't all that bad. Don't fall into the trap of giving these 'southern buggers' ideas above their stations. Take it from me there are desperate places down here. I used to be a member of Bury Anglers but that may be a bit far for you. I'm sure the club Rik has passed on will advise.
The river Roach? Try Rochdale, once the home of the widest bridge in the world, till the Americans had to build one bigger.