I hope I see him paddling up my river........

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised that this 'comedian' has been filming for the not so angler-friendly BBC?

Maybe we can find a 'celebrity' angler to go on a bbc sponsored series about fishing . . . . . yeah, right!

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
I've just submitted a comment to the article. More of us should do the same, pointing out that he pays ******-all for the privilege of canoeing on the rivers while we anglers pay for the right in several ways.

Nathan

Reaction score
I've just submitted a comment to the article. More of us should do the same, pointing out that he pays ******-all for the privilege of canoeing on the rivers while we anglers pay for the right in several ways.

Not sure whats happened but i just checked the story online and at the bottom it says;

Comments (0)
No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts

To be fair to the daily mail they do give the angler's Point of view as well;

"'Anglers pay £3.5billiona year towards the British economy, £25million of that is on rod licences and hundreds of pounds for the right to fish on certain rivers."

Cakey

Reaction score
I also posted and still says no comments so looks like we are not allowed a view

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Last time a canoeist came near my swim I cast out a large lead weight to scare him off, unfortunately it hit him on the head. I cleared off quickly leaving the bloke slumped in the water, next time I saw him was 6 years later on the TV when he'd walking into a police station claiming to have no memory of the last few years and saying he might have been in Panama.

;bp

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In the article this comedian states that; "the people no longer own the rivers" - what planet does he live on?

When did the "people" ever own the rivers?