I'm back...lol

Pikerwoods

Reaction score
Was a member when Graham was in charge many moons ago. MarkW told me to rejoin as he said you all are a happy bunch of anglers...lol. Things have changed a lot as we moved to Chapel St Leonards last year into a bungalow with Orby Drain just outside back gate and some nice club waters within 10 miles plus loads of day ticket waters in caravan parks etc. We came from Runcorn where I was a member of Prince Albert for 31 years fishing River Dane, Severn, Weaver and Ribble plus Bridgewater canal. Lately I fished Lloyd's Meadow a lot. Now just happy to grab a bit of tackle and enjoy the countryside and If Marilyn phones me to do likes of shopping on way back there is no Merseyflow or traffic queues just short drive/walk to village centre.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome back. Is Markcw near you or have you avoided him? ;) Been to Lloyds Meadow a few times and Mark is promising to meet up sometime , maybe there or Dunham. Lots of interesting folk, discussions and opinions here so join in and enjoy.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Welcome back. Is Markcw near you or have you avoided him? ;) Been to Lloyds Meadow a few times and Mark is promising to meet up sometime , maybe there or Dunham. Lots of interesting folk, discussions and opinions here so join in and enjoy.
He managed to avoid me, I'm in Oxford, Bob is near Skegness way I think. He is a great bloke to get on with and can have interesting discussions.

Pikerwoods

Reaction score
I am an allrounder as on way home I pass plenty of takeaways and chippies...lol Regarding fishing I class myself a "grab and go" angler as only allowed out for a few hours chilling out. Love the wildlife round us as we are on banks of Orby drain which is unfortunatlely unfishable in summer as full of reeds & weed. You can here reed warblers and have a resident Barn Owl screeching at night as it flies down drain. One of my natural pools is 2 miles away as don't like modern commercials. Had plenty of jack pike to 9lb from drains round Wainfleet and upstream of bungalow but banks quite high for us Hobbits. Rudd to 1.5lb 300 yards from us and crabs...!!!, we are 400 yards from seaside pumping station. No sign of any Incinerators or chemical works.

Pikerwoods

Reaction score
You must have seen me at Lloyds as almost live there. I'm only Hobbit sized and wore camo gear.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Welcome back Bob what was your best perch out of Lloyd’s I’ve had lots of high two pluses and a mate had a three, did you ever get one of the fours? ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Only had 2's just short of 3lb. Did loose a big one when my lightweight bobbin got tangled up...!!!
Was that on Badger pool Bob, or the one behind it that is full of silvers.This is a brilliant winter water, capable of 30lb on a cold day.
Prawn down the wedge on Badger can sort some good Perch out especially at the carpark end..
Hampton Springs at Malpas has some good perch in a few of their pools, Its a bit off sorts at the moment, a match there the other week, out of 26 only 4 caught, top weight was 9lb I think. I was going to travel up from oxford to fish it. Glad I didnt.