I'm Back

SteveB

Reaction score
Hello
Thought I should introduce myself.
I have returned to angling after a twenty year break. I had fished for most of my life after my father first took me to a place called Stoke Bardolph when I was about seven. As an adult my former house was in a place called Colwick, Nottingham and I could walk to the Trent in about five minutes with my rod. There were also a couple of lakes close by so it was ideal for fishing. Then twenty years ago I moved about 15 miles North to a village called Ravenshead. My two children came along and I just never seemed to find the time to go fishing.
On a recent walk in a nearby country park I saw a young lad catch a 7lb Mirror Carp and so decided it was time to dust off my gear. I was amazed to find my two reels were still in extremely good condition after twenty years in the garage. After a visit to the angling supply shop for a new landing net, line and hooks (not cheap nowadays) I have had a couple of outings. Only some small Roach and a small Tench so far but I have enjoyed every moment (even the thunderstorm yesterday).
Looking forward to more outings and learning some new stuff.

Paste paul

Reaction score
Hello
Thought I should introduce myself.
I have returned to angling after a twenty year break. I had fished for most of my life after my father first took me to a place called Stoke Bardolph when I was about seven. As an adult my former house was in a place called Colwick, Nottingham and I could walk to the Trent in about five minutes with my rod. There were also a couple of lakes close by so it was ideal for fishing. Then twenty years ago I moved about 15 miles North to a village called Ravenshead. My two children came along and I just never seemed to find the time to go fishing.
On a recent walk in a nearby country park I saw a young lad catch a 7lb Mirror Carp and so decided it was time to dust off my gear. I was amazed to find my two reels were still in extremely good condition after twenty years in the garage. After a visit to the angling supply shop for a new landing net, line and hooks (not cheap nowadays) I have had a couple of outings. Only some small Roach and a small Tench so far but I have enjoyed every moment (even the thunderstorm yesterday).
Looking forward to more outings and learning some new stuff.
Hi.......
Awesome to be back ?
You live in a really good spot for fishing too ?
Looking forward to hearing about your fishy stories ?

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome back. There are some great fishing venues in your area and a few very talented anglers from the area. Enjoy your fishing.

SteveB

Reaction score
MirrorCarp3.jpg

Nice start!