Inherited Rod Valuation

Nykscott

Reaction score
Hi All

My stepdad recently passed away and has a large collection of rods which we are trying to sell on, however there are a few which we cannot seem to find prices for as there isn't much about them online?

Is anyone here able to help or point me in the right direction?

The rods we cannot find are:

3 x Dave Lane Classics 2.75 t/c 12ft
3 x Amorphous Whisker G40 2.75 t/c 12ft
3 x Conoflex Kevlar Customs, 12ft Float, Harbour Rod 2.5t/c
1 x R/H Dreammaker 3.5t/c

rayner

Reaction score
I think you'll have more chance of getting information if you make a few posts on the forum. If you are only here to get a valuation then drift off into the ether you are going to be ignored by the members. or you could pay for a valuation elsewhere.

Nykscott

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not here just to get a valuation, I’m here because I do not know anything about fishing and I cannot find these particular rods anywhere online.

I am asking for advice on where I can get a valuation.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Amorphous Whisker G40 2.75 t/c 12ft were around £280 each when new but are no longer in stock anywhere that I can find.
I did see one on e-bay earlier that sold for £51 but you never know what condition it might have been in.

I cannot find any of the others online either . . .sorry.

Nykscott

Reaction score
Yes I have seen a few on eBay however they are different from the ones I have so I wasn’t sure.

These ones are great condition but are not brand new.

I know the Dave Lane Classics have never been used.

john step

Reaction score
The Dave Lane classics being carp rods are sure to get a bite on Ebay if sold as set of 3 to a budding carp angler.
Put a reserve price of what you would be happy with for a bid. Say £150 or £200. You never know!

Nykscott

Reaction score
The Dave Lane classics I have been told are most likely collectors items as well as the dream maker so we will see, I have been put in touch with someone who can give me a better idea now.

thank you for your help.