Insect bites.

seth49

Reaction score
One or two have mentioned having problems with these, I Remember this trick we used when I lived on the farm, when it was a regular occurrence to be bitten by some insect or other.

Anyway I was bitten by a horse fly yesterday just before finishing fishing for the day yesterday, and it was swollen and itching a lot, on my arm, so old trick arm under hot tap for a couple of minutes, it removed the swelling and itching after this, believe the hot water neutralises what ever causes the discomfort.

seth49

Reaction score
Nay lad, this was Yorkshire not Somerset, it’s Lancashire now though since they moved the boundaries.

theartist

Reaction score
I get bitten and stung by anything and everything, will try hot water, maybe pouring hot coffee from the flask on the bank could help too?

I've never seen a horse fly though, closest was them unicorns when I ate that funny cake that time, they shouldn't fly either but they defo had big horn things going on, maybe unicorn/pegasus hybrids, harder to tell apart than goldfish/crucian/gibel carp that's for sure.

Rod & Annette

Reaction score
I get murdered by insects particularly Mozzies. Teaspoon dipped in boiling water then put on bite. Smarts a little but seems to take the itch away. Also recently found that Vicks Vaporub works as a great repellent, I love the smell too!

rayner

Reaction score
I used to get attacked by mozzies every trip to Ireland, they were horrible little bleeders every year.
I was told about Avon skin so soft it was truly amazing. All my mates were bit to death whilst I was left alone, they called me a puff because I sprayed myself before fishing.
It is brilliant for shielding from the little gets.