J W barbel travel rod

1mark

Reaction score
Hello
New to the site, manly fish in Somerset and target tench.
but do need some help. I have a John Wilson barbel quiver travel rod (let’s say I did) it is a five part rod now missing the forth and fifth sections. Do you have, where can I go and get them ? Any help would be most great full.
mark.

john step

Reaction score
I reckon you are on a looser there. I think the best bet would be a trawl through the bay to find a 2nd hand replacement. If it doesnt have to be an exact replacement there will be other options as tackle has never been so reasonably priced.

Keith M

Reaction score
As John indicated; finding someone with two spare sections for your rod would be a miracle. You'll, be better off looking for another one that someone is selling on eBay or Amazon.
Or buy another similar rod.

Keith

mikench

Reaction score
All of the above. However if you target tench I would treat myself to a new rod and one more suited to that task. There are some great value rods out there suitable for many aspects of fishing and species. Is this the only rod you have and do you fish for barbel?

1mark

Reaction score
Thanks for your replys
not the only rod I have but nice to leave it in the car.

mikench

Reaction score
Look up NGT travel rods which have several admirers on here and they are cheap. I always keep 2 rods in the car just in case.