John Ledger Memorial Fish-in, River Idle

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'll give the chillies a miss thanks Critter, I can remember what they did to Beecy last time! :eek:

We're really looking forward to catching up with all you Norverners again, talk slower this time though :D
Is the beer and steak still really cheap?;)

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Can you stick me down for breakfast as well.
Sean tell's me there's been a large number of barbel coming out lately, be nice to catch one on a stick for a change.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ahhh now I understand what Brummie was on about....
The Bunk-House! ;)

Rons a dark horse, I'd forgotten about that :w:w:w:D

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Right - a quick update.

I've booked the stretch below the bridge for the match. I've got 10 people already confirmed for the match so we'll probably end up with about 15 altogether. The pegging fee is £3 per peg. There's now a fishing hut, with a barbecue in it so there's somewhere to get a bit of shelter if the weather's bad and we can throw Ron on the fire to warm the place up a bit.

If you want to fish below the bridge, but not in the match the day ticket is £4 and there's about a mile of water. I think the day ticket above the bridge (pub stretch) is slightly cheaper. The farmer says that the river has been fishing well and that there have been some good fish of all species coming out (including some big pike).

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Johns mate Mick?

I haven't seen him post in ages, I'm sure he'd love to come if he knew.

I remember it now Fred, looked like a potatoe field ;)

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

I've just emailed Mick, I hope he's still got the same address.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Are the steaks still cheap? Mr Spiller I thought yours was frightfully expensive at about £20 an ounce!

Book me in for the day. Whether it's in the match or roaming depends on many factors.

No point in me staying over because it seems like most rooms are booked. I might have to get a taxi home though.....then back in the morning!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Mike, you can crash on our floor, they won't know.....

I thought 13 and a half squids was a bargain for 32oz of steak!
Those curly chips and mushrooms filled me up though :D:w
That's less than 50p an oz ;)

I might do the match on Sat' and roam on Sunday?

I got a duff peg last time, more undulations than on the moon, made it rather hard to put a stick through...

Wendi will be piking, hopefully this time they won't jump out of the landing net after being unhooked!

dezza

Reaction score
Nice one Mike, you can crash on our floor, they won't know.....

I thought 13 and a half squids was a bargain for 32oz of steak!
Those curly chips and mushrooms filled me up though :D:w
That's less than 50p an oz ;)

I might do the match on Sat' and roam on Sunday?

I got a duff peg last time, more undulations than on the moon, made it rather hard to put a stick through...

Wendi will be piking, hopefully this time they won't jump out of the landing net after being unhooked!

Thirteen quid for a steak - thirteen ble****in quid!!!!

I could get the whole cow for that years ago, and have change out of it to pay a man to turn the spit all day.

;)

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The farmer owns the river downstream of the bridge. I'll ask him about car access, but from what I remember the lane isn't very wide so we'd have to park in the camping field. It's only about 100 yards from the pub though!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It would be good if we could park below the bridge though.

Fred you aint getting lazy on us are you? It's only a hundred yards from the pub! :eek:;)

I've had no reply from Mick, has anyone got a contact number they can get hold of him on? I'm sure he'd love to come.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

I could get the whole cow for that years ago, and have change out of it to pay a man to turn the spit all day.

Hehehehe very good Ron, was that when they had those shillings bobs and farthing thingies? Far too complicated for us young uns, the good old Euro is much simpler ;)

Only kidding Ron ;) Don't go off on one :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Fred....

I'm more worried about that blind bend when creeping across that road fully loaded mate!!

Get one of them electro trollies like what the Boss has got....
He was doing 30mph along the boards at Clattercote!

preston96

Reaction score
Jesus H, don't even mention them! Anyway, it was nowt to do with me the pub ran out of whisky, and nowt else was owt to do with me either!:eek:

Well it weren't me that saw the whisky off..........i only learnt the art of drinking it this year!

I wish i could rememember who it was that taught me!!.....this Glenmorangie aint cheap :wh

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

;)

Never mind the price of Steak Mr Clay.........get a clean shirt on with shorter tails,they get in the way......just in case Ed an Moi turn up! :wh

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Nice one Fred....

I'm more worried about that blind bend when creeping across that road fully loaded mate!!

Get one of them electro trollies like what the Boss has got....
He was doing 30mph along the boards at Clattercote!

It's creeping around the digs late at night thats even more frightening!!.....keep to the walls! ;)

Last edited: