John Ledger Memorial Trophy

Beecy

Reaction score
Sat 6th Dec

ey up folks

I'll be hoping to get this one sorted again, so make room in your diaries and post if you can make it.

Ive no flexibility with the date in Decemer, i could have done any date in Jan or Feb but after talking to Graham he thought it best if we kept it as the Xmas do.

Ive not started fishing the Idle yet and dont know the score with the club (there was talk of the fishingrights changing hands) but I'll be down there in the near future to find out.

So nowts confirmed so i wouldnt book any rooms just yet, or at least dont pay any deposites !

As soon as i know more I'll post it, ive got a lot going on at the moment so pleasebear with me if im not back on for a while

cheers, Dave

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Will have to assess (did I spell that right?) the financial situation before we can say yes or no. Do they still do those rather large steaks? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif The digs are top class too. If we can make it, we will.

Does that make it two years since John left us? Blimey, time flies by.

Still miss the old bugger!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Haxey Gate Inn on the River Idle.

It is located very close to where the counties of Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire meet.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Will have to assess (did I spell that right?) the financial situation before we can say yes or no. Do they still do those rather large steaks? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif The digs are top class too. If we can make it, we will.

Does that make it two years since John left us? Blimey, time flies by.

Still miss the old bugger!</blockquote>

yep i miss him too..........he knew the "true" better than many......he was just what i, as an outsider looking in, would class as a typical Yorkie.

i will try to be there.....but that is without looking at other commitments.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
He was a top geezer Paul and he could see through all of the bullshit!

He told the truth and nothing more, if you were bullshitting him he would see through it!

Such a shame I never got to meet him on the bank and shake his hand..........................

Still thinking of you mate, you cantacurous (my spell checker don't work!) old ba*tard! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Respect.............

Steve.

F

Fred Bonney

I fished with him afew times, we got on all right.

He called a spade a spade, and if you couldn't handle that tough!

He certainly could see through the bullshit

Morespiders

Reaction score
Really sorry I never met him, we would have got on well, would have had you all taped,

well 99% of you bullshitters.

You know who you are, I wont name names!.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I miss that guy a hell of a lot. He could be a cantankerous old sod at times, but hell,a day with John Ledger was never dull.

He used to call me a doddering old coffin dodger!!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
"Memories, from the corner of my mind,misty water coloured memories of the way we were"

Yes I miss the guy too and the smashing outings we had on the Idle. Upper Witham, Swale ,Ure. Derbyshire Derwent, Upper Trent, The Rother at Catcliffe Treeton Dyke and a few more spots round and about.

Much to my regret Ive done precious little river fishing this season as ive concentrated on my local Aston ponds which been very kind to me in the shape of good catches of bream, some good roach and tench and the ever present carp.

However Im off for a month to visit my familt in Denmark as from this week but on my return i will retire my fishing poles and get back to some "proper fishing" on the Don and Rother and attempt to pay my great late friend the respect he showed me and the respect he deserves.

I will need a bit of practice to compete with you guys and gals on Dec 6 and hope to meet up with Fred, Graham,Dave and all you other running water fans.

S

Sean Meeghan

Wow Beecy that was spooky! I just logged on to do a post on whether this was being held this year.

Count me in.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I'm a provisional depending on work and if someone dosen't mind giving me a lift pls.