JRC Stalker lightweight chair

B

binka

I'm not altogether sure if the much larger 'feet' on the new X-Lite are an improvement or not...They certainly are a lot bigger than those on the old model(s) but I've found the swivel part not always easy to move on the hinge. NOT to say the larger flat area of the feet doesn't give more surface area particularly when sitting on soft ground, but I never had a problem with the original feet, which imo were a lot neater.
Perhaps they might work better for those of us who are, how can I put it, a little on the heavy side when sinking of the feet might be an issue......

The other issue with larger mud feet is when they still go and sink and you then need a tractor to pull the damn things out, often with that shlurrrping sound as they finally become free with a hundred weight of mud on top of 'em.

Ok...

I exaggerate a little there :)

One of the design issues that's never been solved imo.

When I had the Nash chairs I got one of them stuck on the Trent and after much huffing and puffing I thought I had pulled the chair free but only to find the leg assemblies had come adrift of the frame and were still firmly embedded in the ground :eek:mg:

I reckon a stout board or two, something along the lines of a scaffolding plank, of slightly longer length than the width of the chair legs is as good a solution as any, I might try it this winter but don't fancy carting 'em much distance.

sagalout

Reaction score
Scaffold plank is a bit OTT, 6mm ply will work and don't wey much (see how I got a river reference in there, clever huh?).

B

binka

I'm way too Idle to think of a reply to those :)

Anyway, as far as the general consensus of opinion goes, I'm Witham.

:eek:mg:

thecrow

Reaction score
As a fat angler I find that the bigger the feet the better in fact I would like to be able to purchase clip on ones as big as a dinner plate as they would Anker the chair to the bank better.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Such a shame the light weight chairs are pretty much all fixed legs. The whole point in light chairs is for those who rove and those kind of venues rarely have level manicured banks. In the summer months I just sit on the grass.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
If you're interested in the X-Lite, the adjustment on the front legs is approximately 65mm and on the back 85mm.

(Before anyone comes back as says I'm wrong by a millimetre or three, the above figures are near as bum is to swearing!!)

..........or have I got that the wrong way round..

Last edited: