July Fish In. Warks Avon or Wye

Rog Hill

Reaction score
People don't know what they're missing, excellent fishing,really good banter and a superb evening of the usual p..s take. Jimmy and I , and I'm sure Neil too will still be up for a get together. We'll arrange something soon.

ATB Rog

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I am up for it, but it's all down to dates as with many fish in's.

The fish in's are a great day out, you get to put faces to names, and if your on the right one, you will get to meet Skippy the Eel catcher, and even FM's own Coco look a like, Jerry :D ;)

I just hope the dates work out as the Wye and Avon are great venues.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
im tempted but my river fishing skills are limited and i bet i would look a prat in front of everyone :wh:eek:mg:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Any more known info like where location is etc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingfisher2007

Reaction score
I am interested in going on a fish in either river if not both. But it depends on dates.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I am up for it, but it's all down to dates as with many fish in's.

The fish in's are a great day out, you get to put faces to names, and if your on the right one, you will get to meet Skippy the Eel catcher, and even FM's own Coco look a like, Jerry :D ;)

I just hope the dates work out as the Wye and Avon are great venues.

I'd have said Krusty myself, mind I'd be sooooo jealous if he gets a Simpsons voice part out of it....:D

Windy

Reaction score
Is this dead or still a possibility ?

I'd love to do a weekend at any of the suggested venues, but the one difficulty I have is that I am booked out for a fortnight in Budapest for the Hungaroring Grand Prix (I know, your hearts bleed for me :D)

So precise date is important to me... without that I cannot properly commit - which, dare I suggest, seems to me to be the problem more generally ?

If this doesn't go ahead is anyone interested in a revival / five year anniversary edition of the Catfish Virgins fish-in some time late August / early September after the kids have gone back to school ?

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I was trying to set something up before the end of season as it meant commiting to booking waters. 2 days about £250.
With the initial slow uptake/interest It was risky to arrange dates that waters were available given probably unsuitable for a few. Might have meant costly outlaw for few.

I'll look again for mid term next season with good notice.

Graham

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Graham was talking to a chap who has fished the Bristol Avon at on the same club ticket I'm with and he fished laycock and said for barbel best conditions is when water is high and coloured . He had one of 12lb out last autumn

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Yes. I' d probably choose the Warks Avon and Wye for a 2 dayer for us all.

Bristol Avon and many rivers better with bit of water and colour. Strangely enough doesn't apply to the Wye IMO.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I'm going to give it a go in the summer and been told best to go after tea time

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
I'd be EXTREMELY keen to come and fish with some of you 'proper' anglers on a 'proper' river. Anytime during the school holidays and you can count me in (the missus takes the kids off to Deutschland to see the MIL). Whats the normal deal re accommodation etc?

Also, do I win a prize if my fishing ineptitude becomes the stuff of Forum legend?

B

binka

Also, do I win a prize if my fishing ineptitude becomes the stuff of Forum legend?

Only if you break a chair, at least one bone, lose all your floats and kick your maggots in.

It's the minimum qualifying criteria, anything less than that and you're unlikely to even frame! :D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Only if you break a chair, at least one bone, lose all your floats and kick your maggots in.

It's the minimum qualifying criteria, anything less than that and you're unlikely to even frame! :D

You must first get lost on the way, con someone into carrying your gear,scoff someone elses lunch and catch an eel. Only then will you truly qualify as an FM Fish In Legend.

Kicking someone elses maggots in is not a requirement but usually earns you good style points. As does falling in.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Sounds like it's more of a recipe for disaster than a fish in !