June 16th

R

Ron Clay

Letting off a rocket at midnight seems a reasonable idea to me, togther with a drop of the best Irish whiskey to be sure.

Just how many of you will go the whole hog and dress up in 17th century Isaac Walton costumes together with willow rods and horse hair lines.

Remember to get horfe hairre that if free of gallf or fcabs ;o)

C

Chris Bishop

I like the Irish whisky idea, not sure about dressing up like Baldrick out of Blackadder.

"Sire, I 'ave a plan...."

R

Ron Clay

"'Tis a match" - Pifcator

"And verily after we have had sport wythe ye tenches we shall seekeft out ye milkmaids in ye leas bye ye fparkling ftreams" - Venator

P

Paul Williams

There was a lot of "F'in" in the old days Ron?......at least in the fwritings!

P

Paul Williams

Mmmm.....i fee.....well i shink i do...but then again who gives a suc......no perhaps not! ;)

R

Ron Clay

June the sixteenth almost went to plan. I caught very little on the Sunday.

After a swim change, I took a total of 15 tench and two bream on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, together with a 2 lb perch. The tench went to 4lbs 14 oz and the bream to 6 lbs 6 oz.

The bream went like the clappers and fought much harder than a tench of the same size. I wish I had caught it about 4 weeks ago as it had spawned.

Actually, when I think about it I've never had a bream fight as hard as that one at any weight, even an Irish bream. So much for those who say bream don't fight.

How many of you have caught bream that have fought totally un-breamlike?

D

Dave O'L

There was this one I got in Windermere Ron, not only did it not fight like a Bream it didn't look like one either. Amazing really!
(By the way, I once had a carrot that looked like a Bream)